Zombie Blow this team up

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Sinobas, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

I'm not going to watch these fucking losers anymore. They play with no heart or energy, and they always choke in crunch time. I'm sick of crawchuck, Raymond and his turnovers in crunch time, Wallace who doesn't show up most of the time, our two softies, Batum and LA.....ugh!

We have a few solid scrubs, but I'm ready to totally blow this shit up.

2. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Simmer down buddy. Look around and see almost every team is struggling on the road. Yeah this sucks and especially losing to Detroit, but blow it up? Seriously?

3. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Sinobas. You already quit a couple weeks ago and you're still watching.

4. Sinobas

Look who's talking, mr. "season is over"

5. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Lets get ZBO!

3RA1N1AC likes this.
  6. Sinobas

Isn't anyone else sick of this team? Best case scenario for them this year is to eek into the playoffs as the 8th seed and lose in the 1st round again. At some point, you have to make a move to get yourself out of mediocrity.

7. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

No, you aren't the only one who is frustrated. The Blazers have 4 key players (Wallace, Felton, Crawford and Matthews) who are performing below expectations.....and nobody who is performing above expectations. Normally, you get a couple of guys on both sides of the scale.

I'm sure some folks will violently disagree - but IMHO the coaching staff needs to take much of the heat.

8. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

You would really stop supporting your favorite team after a handful of shitty loses?

9. chris_in_pdx

chris_in_pdx OLD SCHOOL

I'm supporting my favorite team by demanding that they pull their heads out of their asses and put a team on the court that acts like they give a shit about the millions they are being paid and put the effort in the court to beat the teams they are supposed to, and a coaching staff who can mold them into winners. Right now, I'm not seeing either.

10. Sinobas

No, I support them to get better by getting rid of their ineffecitve coaching staff and their loser players.

Let's get real guys! How many here want a long term future of Raymond Felton running the point? What do you all think of Crawford so far, should we lock him up to a long term deal? Old man Camby is going to have to retire some day, and with him goes the only iota of interior toughness this team has. Wallace was a great player in his prime, but do you want a guy that doesn't have enough in the tank to play worth a damn on the road?

The writing is on the wall guys, time to dismantle this team.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  11. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    I'm mad at the players, like the rest of you. I feel sorry for Nate, having to put up with this roster. We need to blow up this team to help Nate get different results from what he has always gotten.

12. Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg Active Member

Private Security
    Hey, at least the Portland Winterhawks (30-12-2-1) are doing very well with a 17 consecutive home winning streak.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  13. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    On a positive note, Raymond Felton has really shown some improvement in the last two games; I'm not ready to give up on him yet; who knows what losing another 5 pounds might do for his game!?

14. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

Bottom line is big changes are coming anyway with all the expiringings this summer, that process will be moved forward to the trade deadlien or sooner if this level of play continues much longer IMO. Giver ot awful play at SG why does Ewill not get any minutes at all. Babbit and Nolan play and the guy who may have easily the most talent does not get a chance to play. Oh well

15. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Yup. There will be no "holding the line" with the contract statuses of so many players on the roster, change is absolutely inevitable this summer or maybe it gets accelerated before the trade deadline. My sincere hope is that they do start to flip some of these aged guys or expirings for draft picks so they can go into the draft with multiple shots at some prospects AND retain salary flexibility for either a signing or a possible lop-sided trade to try and remake this thing. If they do it right (and get lucky) getting back to competitiveness sooner rather than later should be attainable.

I know the mounting losses are tough to take and not much fun to watch in the near term, but I'm actually kind of excited for the changes

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  16. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

You know. Another string of losses might not be too bad for this team. It will force the front office to evaluate the roster and make some changes, rather than luring them into trying to win (and inevitably lose) with the team as currently constructed. Hopefully they realize it's probably not a good idea hanging on and paying guys like Crawford and Wallace to tread water.

17. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Just stop being a Blazer Fan then. Our city rains ALL the time brother. We aren't "Fair-Weather" Fans. You don't like it, Leave the cheering to us.

This is how I honestly feel.

18. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

OK ... so you're in favor of keeping everything "status quo" and not deconstructing the team? Would you also like a side of fries with that large order of mediocrity?

19. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

Well what's ridiculous IMO is you saying one is not a fan because they may want changes to come and don't like the team as constructed, especially when big roster changes are coming soon anyway? I root for this team every game and I aslo am in the process of beginning to "root for changes", especially if this recent spate of awful play continues.

20. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

How is wanting them to get better not supporting them? Some of you act like if you aren't a rah rah lemming you don't like the team

WillG likes this.