Blue Tops Raptors 905, 101-92

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by truebluefan, Feb 7, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The Oklahoma City Blue defeated Raptors 905, 101-92, on Saturday at the Cox Convention Center in its final game before the All-Star break.

Marquis Teague led the Blue's offensive efforts with 25 points on 12-of-18 shooting while dishing out six assists. Dakari Johnson totaled 17 points, seven rebounds, three assists and two steals and JP Tokoto scored 16 points with five boards. Tomislav Zubcic came off the bench to score a career-high 16 points and eight rebounds.

The Blue took the lead early in the contest, holding a 31-25 advantage after the opening frame. Oklahoma City led for the entirety of the second and third quarters to take a 79-71 lead into the fourth.

Raptors 905 took its first and only lead of the second half at the 8:29 mark of the fourth, but the Blue responded with eight straight points to retake control. With the win, the Blue has now won four straight home games.

"I was pleased with the character of our guys," said Blue Head Coach Mark Daigneault. "Coming off of a rough road trip and going into a break, it would've been easy not to give the kind of focus, energy and effort we gave tonight. I thought we did all those things tonight and I'm really pleased."

Oklahoma City (11-22) totaled 10 steals as it forced 16 turnovers.

Raptors 905 (12-20) was led by Axel Toupane with 17 points, five rebounds and five assists.

The Blue now begins the annual All-Star break before restarting play on Feb. 19 in Austin. Tokoto will represent the Blue at All-Star Weekend in Toronto by competing in the NBA D-League Slam Dunk on Saturday, Feb. 13. The competition will take place during halftime of the NBA D-League All-Star Game (1 p.m. CT tipoff) and air live on NBA TV.

Press release