Bob Cousy: Depressing

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by olskoolfunktitude, Nov 8, 2006.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

I hate to disrespect the man who might be the most important point gaurd in the history of the game and certainly one of the best, but this guy makes me want to hit myself with a hammer listening to him. He's the anti-Tommy. Every 5 seconds he makes an exhausperated groaning sound and says something to bum everybody out, even if it's so obvious that it doesn't even need to be said.

"I weawy don't wike the diwection this game is heading in."

"the celtics just don't wook wike they have any uwgency."

"If the C's get down by douboo digits heading into the fowaf quawta there's no way they can win this game"

even when they won in dramatic fashion tonight. the first thing out of his mouth was something like

"the C's shouldn't have wet it get this cwose."

I know it must be hard watching this kind of play. But after being on some of the teams he was on, almost every team today must kind of look kind of like the '72 sixers. but give us a break. at least act happy when they win and avoid dwelling on the negatives for maybe a whole minute?

2. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Yeah, he does get annoying sometimes. Thank god he's not on all season.

But one thing he does, that I like, is take shots at Doc's coaching ability.

3. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

Ever since his Wueben the Wapist episode, he has my utmost respect, and never again will I question what he has to say.

As for being a bummer, I think he's just realistic, I wonder what he would say were he judging any other team in the NBA. As for his being the anti-Tommy, that's a great point, it seems that one just sucks the energy right out of the building, while the other just builds and builds.

P.S. I would like to nominate Piggy's post as funniest of the season so far.

4. CeltixQueen

CeltixQueen JBB JustBBall Member

Oh my God the man is so depressing!! He never has anything nice to say. For instance when Wally stole the ball last night and flew up the court for an easy bucket, Cous was criticizing him on how he should have passed it to Telfair who was behind him, maybe he didn't want to take the chance of Telfair mishandling the ball or turning it over, etc. No disrespect to him, but he just needs to be quiet some times.

5. CeltixQueen

CeltixQueen JBB JustBBall Member

Oh my God the man is so depressing!! He never has anything nice to say. For instance when Wally stole the ball last night and flew up the court for an easy bucket, Cous was criticizing him on how he should have passed it to Telfair who was behind him, maybe he didn't want to take the chance of Telfair mishandling the ball or turning it over, etc. Maybe he is being realistic, but he doesnt have to be so negative ALL the time. No disrespect to him, but he just needs to be quiet some times.