Boeheim: Melo should have gone to Bulls

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Aug 18, 2015.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim, who coached Carmelo Anthony for one year with the Orange, reiterated on Wednesday that he believed Anthony should have signed with the Chicago Bulls over re-signing with the New York Knicks, according to reports.

"Everybody knew that [the Bulls offer a better situation]. Me saying that, everybody gets mad at me. But it's the truth," Boeheim said at Team USA minicamp in Las Vegas. "The New York Knicks owner should say that, if he was being truthful.

"But I think [Chicago] was a better situation to win. But he loves New York. I see that. I'm fine with that. There's always hope they'd turn it around. But I know some college teams that have been in last place for 30 years. Every year they hope that they're not going to be in last place."

Read more http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/22258/boeheim-melo-should-have-gone-to-bulls

Well of course! Every knows that. However, with all of the injuries we had last season and seeing the development of Butler, it may have been a good thing he did not sign here.

2. bullsger

bullsger Moderator Staff Member Moderator

And Melo was also injured last season...

3. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Rose, Butler, Melo, Mirotic and Pau Gasol...that's a great video game team there.

4. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

I always got the impression Melo wanted to stay in NYC for financial and personal reasons and psychologized the arrival of Phil Jackson and Cap Space to give himself just enough hope that he could have his cake and eat it too.

I don't begrudge the guy for taking an extra 50 million but it would've been nice to have him in the playoffs......I think we could've beaten Cleveland with him on the squad.