Bonds will play in World Baseball Classic

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by K_Winslow80, Dec 4, 2005.

1. K_Winslow80

K_Winslow80 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5127494 Bonds will play in World Baseball ClassicStory Tools: Print Email Associated PressPosted: 1 day ago NEW YORK (AP) - Barry Bonds told the players' association he plans to play for the United States in next year's inaugural World Baseball Classic.Bonds has been speaking with former Pittsburgh teammate Bobby Bonilla, who works for the union. Bonilla did not respond to an e-mail message Wednesday."There are details that still need to be addressed before Barry can play," Bonds' agent, Jeff Borris, said in an e-mail.Bonds missed almost all of last season because of a knee injury."Barry's rehab will not be an issue," Borris said.Bonds' intention was first reported Wednesday by the Oakland Tribune.On Wednesday, Detroit Tigers catcher Ivan Rodriguez and Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Javier Vazquez said they will play for Puerto Rico, which already has received a commitment from new Mets first baseman Carlos Delgado.Vazquez, who filed a trade demand, doesn't want Arizona to deal him to the Yankees, who sent him to the Diamondbacks after the 2004 season."I don't want to return to the Yankees because I don't like the way they dealt with me," he said in San Juan.Rodriguez hopes to catch for Puerto Rico but didn't rule out serving as a designated hitter or pinch hitter.