Bonzi Wells fined

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Erin, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Bonzi Wells was fined by the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday, one day after making an obscene gesture to a fan in a loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Wells also threw a towel and a water bottle onto the court in frustration during the game.

The amount of the fine was not disclosed by the team.
    </div>

Read More.

2. Ice

Ice JBB Member

He made the quote of the day when he said "If I did, it was probably wrong. But I don't remember."

Just some more signs drugs are bad for you.

3. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

What he do?

4. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ice Breaker:</div><div class="quote_post">He made the quote of the day when he said "If I did, it was probably wrong. But I don't remember."

Just some more signs drugs are bad for you.</div>
    Do you actually KNOW hes on drugs or are you just saying that cos hes a Blazer?

5. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting :</div><div class="quote_post">Do you actually KNOW hes on drugs or are you just saying that cos hes a Blazer?</div>
    I was kidding, but it wouldn't suprise me if he was on something. Who flicks off the crowd and then says when being questioned about it "If I did, it was probably wrong. But I don't remember."

[​IMG]

6. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ice Breaker:</div><div class="quote_post">I was kidding, but it wouldn't suprise me if he was on something. Who flicks off the crowd and then says when being questioned about it "If I did, it was probably wrong. But I don't remember."

[​IMG]</div>

It's his way of avoiding the question. If he admitted it, they would delve deeper into the issue. Remember last year when he spat in Danny Ferry's face? He claimed not to remember, but I believe he does. He's just playing the media game.

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

You guys should certainly check this out...Bonzi Wells transcript

Pretty funny in some of the stuff he said here

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonia...37797276520.xml

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The following is a transcript of Bonzi Wells' exchange with reporters on Tuesday at the Trail Blazers' practice facility in Tualatin:

Q: Can you comment on Monday's game?

A: We lost. Tough game.

Q: What about the incident with the fan?

A: It was a tough game last night. I wish we could have won. That's about it.

Q: Did you flip off a fan, Bonzi?

A: I don't remember nothing like that, but if I did, I was probably wrong. But I don't remember doing nothing like that. I black out sometimes. (He winks).

Q: You also didn't remember spitting on Danny Ferry.

A: Why do you have to bring up old stuff all the time? Why can't we talk about good stuff sometimes, man?

Q: If you did flip off a fan last night, if your memory does come back, would you apologize?

A: Oh, definitely. When my memory comes back, I will. But, you know, I black out and have black flashes sometimes.

Q: Is your memory about ready to come back?

A: Yeah, I mean, there was something.

Q: Three games into the season and here we go again.

A: Here we go again, huh? It's another season. If something like that did happen, then I do apologize. But, you know, if that fan was a little more professional, you know, I probably wouldn't have had to do that. If I would have been a little more professional, I wouldn't have put myself in this position. So, if I did do something like that, I do apologize, but, you know, frustration sets in sometimes and you do frustrating things.

Q: What did the guy say?

A: I don't know. Something petty. Something that happened yesterday that's over with. It's in the past, and all I got to do is look forward to my future.

Q: Was it anything racial?

A: I don't know, because I don't think there's a racist person in Portland, so I don't really want to go there.

Q: You talked before the season about being more mature. What happened?

A: You try, man. I tried, brother, but I'll tell you, I'm not going to be 100 percent perfect. I told you I'm going to have a 10 percent lapse sometimes.

Q: This is not going to come across well with the fans. Why not own up to your actions?

A: C'mon, man. Y'all can't keep baiting, man. You're not going to bait me into doing something or saying something retarded. I mean, it happened, it's over, and we lost the game. We play Memphis tomorrow. If y'all want to talk about Memphis, we can. Let's just get past this.

Q: So, there was an incident?

A: All right, thanks fellas.</div>

8. azr&b

azr&b JBB JustBBall Member

In a way, I am glad I didn't see the actual interview, because I became confused just trying to read it...

Okay, so if the guy isn't on drugs, then does he have some type of medical condition that causes him to "black out". Or is it what we call selective memory? Or perhaps he's pleading the fifth...

For the record, I would have never thought Damon Stoudamire would be one to do drugs. I consider him to be an all around good guy. But don't you think that maybe his problems with drugs have seriously effected his career and his ability to play? And if so, will it be possible for him to bounce back? Or is he spent?