...Boone defending Sanchez and Ottavino

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Oct 16, 2019.

1. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

2. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Boone needs to learn that the post season is a different animal. You cannot manage like it's June. You have to ride your hot hands into the ground. Thinking about tomorrow only gets you beat today.

Mattingly23NY and Lillie like this.
  3. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Last spring while in Ybor City I ran into a groups of Yankee Fans after a ST Game. When I voiced my opinions about Boner & Sanchez they were shocked by the words I spoke. I lost all respect for Sanchez when he failed to hustle on a play in Tropicana that hurt his team. At the same time I lost what remnants of respect for Boner because he did nothing about it. I did not like seeing Boner as manager in the first place. Watching his post game "reasonings" I see a man who is more full of shit than a septic tank. So what Sherman wrote is true but knowledgeable Yankees Fans knew that anyway. Ottavino has been a natural fuck up this post season but Boner continues to put him in there. Ditto Sanchez has been a load as well but even with Romine Boner continues to send him out there. have posted before that my number one concern for this team above the shaky pitching and inconsistent offense is Boners game management. Factor Rothchild in there as well. I did not have much confidence for this team for starters and that had eroded much more to this point. Damn pathetic roads this franchise has traveled since 2001 forward.

4. Lillie

Lillie Well-Known Member

:lol:

5. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    I wish the reporter would of asked BaBooone: Why would you or anyone, say "it's a good swing:", when a hitter doesn't make square/solid contact, but fouls a ball back to the net, or swings and misses, especially when the pitches being swung at are balls down in the dirt?? or when you foul a ball back to the net, wtf ??

clip from article:
    Boone was still talking about pieces of at-bats being positive for Adam Ottavino and Gary Sanchez taking good swings without results.

ā€œIā€™m seeing Gary miss some pitches,ā€ Boone said. ā€œI felt like he got another good one to hit today and put it on the net [behind home plate] again."

Lillie likes this.
  6. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Romine in his early Yankee days as I recall could receive well enough but could not hit. When he started getting playing time he did hit. What hurt Romine was signing Mc Cann who got all the playing time. Mc Cann could handle the staff but did not achieve the hitting goals the Yankees thought he'd do. Then along comes Sanchez to awe some folks with home runs and big strike outs. At present "Gary has been scary only for his team" and a boon to Houston Pitchers. Boner should insert Romine back into the line up, and keep Ottavino out of the game unlees the Yankees have a 9 run lead. If Snitker over in Atlanta pulled a star rookie like Acuna from a game for failure Boner should hhave no problem making like moves.

7. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

BaBoone is a shmuck in my book. So not made in the true Yankee tradition.

Lillie and Mattingly23NY like this.