Boston Buy or Sell

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by BALLAHOLLIC, Aug 18, 2006.

1. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

Im sure everybody here knows what Buy/Sell is. If not, Sit through a few posts and then jump in.Buy/Sell- The Celtics will make the playoffs next season?

2. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Sell. I just dont think they can do it. There will be alot of teams contending, and I dont think they will make the spot.Buy/Sell: Rondo starts most of the games for the Celtics next year

3. pmac34

pmac34 BBW Member

Sell. Rookies in general dont usually start (unless theyre high lotto picks). He might start if Delonte gets injured, but dont expect Rajon to play more than 25 minutes a game this year.Buy/Sell: Gerald Green goes for 15/5/4 a game this year

4. TheAnalyst

TheAnalyst BBW Elite Member

Sell. I dont think Gerald is ready to average that much yet. But i will buy this for next seasonBuy/Sell: 40 wins for the Celtics.

5. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

buy That just honestly isnt that many wins.....I could see them getting 45.Buy or Sell, Wally is traded by the trade deadline

6. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

sellif they wanted to trade him they would of done it by now..plus i could see them dealing someone like sebastian telfair before wally..but it is still up for grabs so I guess im undecided..i just think danny would of made a move by now..plus wally settled in MA with his familybuy or sell, gerald green gets in the dunk contest and wins

7. CB4allstar

I will buy that. I was really impressed with him in his HS dunk contest win. He will be the next champ.Buy/Sell-Paul Pierce makes an All NBA team next year.

8. playaofthegame

sell because the first teams are fixed every year and the rest are just people who werent as good as pierce individually but were on good teams basically so they get a free passim sure shaq will be on it again smhbuy or sell, celtics will make it to the eastern conference semi-finals

9. CB4allstar

Why wouldnt Shaq be on it? Name 2 Centers better than Shaq right now.Sell-That is garbage. So even if they do snag the 8th seed, you expect them to get past the Heat? :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA: :HAHAHA:Buy/Sell-Rondo makes the Rookie team for the Rookie/Sophomore game.

10. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

buy. IF he gets PT.and it's not worth 4 guys rofl to say the Cs have a chance at the eastern semi's. anything can happen in a series. seeds6-8 will be pretty damn close, so we could end up playing a not-so-good team that we match up well with.buy/sell.. another deal will be made before the season starts.

11. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Buy, Ainge might work a deal that will help provide depth at the C position.

12. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

Buy or sell.. Brian Grant's contract is traded rather than cut.

13. playaofthegame

buyit would still count against us I think if we cut him...anywaybuy or sell, celtics will get another pick in next years draft somehow through trade

14. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

i'll sell. i think this is the time this team starts pulling away from the youth and getting some vets rather than picks.and btw, the point of that question is, "will DA keep Brian Grant on the roster for his contract or will he keep a guy like Ray or Pitts?"

15. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Aug 18 2006, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i'll sell. i think this is the time this team starts pulling away from the youth and getting some vets rather than picks.

and btw, the point of that question is, "will DA keep Brian Grant on the roster for his contract or will he keep a guy like Ray or Pitts?"</div>
    Well, just to clear things up, Ainge (in his recent interiew) said that Grant hasn't been officially released yet, but he will not be playing for us next season. So you can count Grant out.

Buy/Sell: Telfair puts up 10 points/5 assists per game this year.

16. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Buy. Wally will be traded mid-way through the season for a big man to pair up with Pierce.

17. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Aug 22 2006, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, just to clear things up, Ainge (in his recent interiew) said that Grant hasn't been officially released yet, but he will not be playing for us next season. So you can count Grant out.Buy/Sell: Telfair puts up 10 points/5 assists per game this year.</div>well, he could still keep him on the roster technically, so he culd trade him later. that's what i was saying. i know he won't be playing.

18. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Aug 22 2006, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well, he could still keep him on the roster technically, so he culd trade him later. that's what i was saying. i know he won't be playing.</div>
    Nah, I don't see that happening at all. All that does is take up a roster spot in place of a young big man under contract (Jones/Pittsnogle). Also, when Ainge says "he hasn't officially been released YET" and that "he won't be playing for us next year".. I think that hints he will be released. Plus, like I already said, it would be pointless to leave him on the roster and have to cut a young big that would play if we needed him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Wally will be traded mid-way through the season for a big man to pair up with Pierce.</div>
    Buy. Pierce signed that extension for a reason, and both Pierce and Ainge have both constantly said they are looking for a servicable veteran to pair with Paul. It might not necessarily be a big man (but it should), but I think by February 2007 we will have a different looking roster, and Wally's salary is perfect for a salary-match.

Buy/Sell: This whole Tony Allen legal situation will blow over and Ainge will decide to pick up his option by October 31st (deadline to pick up his option).

19. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

buy. tony's services are very valuable to this team, more than most may know. His defense, toughness, and energy could be huge this year.Buy/Sell: we will finally beat the Spurs atleast once this year.

20. CelticBalla32

Sell, not with this roster. No way.

Buy/Sell: Gerald Green becomes a rotation player by the All-Star break.