Brady Quinn

Discussion in 'College Football' started by J-E-T-S 1083, Dec 12, 2005.

1. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

a lot of people are focusing on Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Reggie Bush etc but what about this guy Brady Quinn from ND, hes got more yards than Young and Leinart more TDs and 7 INTs (same as Leinart) i think hes the real deal, IMO i think he could be better than Young and Leinart in the NFL. he almost beat USC but Bush got them the win. i'll be watching him when hes in the Bowl Game vs Ohio State, he only a junior and i think hes gonna stay but i'd keep my eye on him.

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

It's almost a 100% sure thing that Brady Quinn stays. If he does come out he ranks #3 behind Leinart and Young as the QB's in the draft. He could go anywhere from 20-5. He would be worth a top 10 pick..

Personally I'm not sold on Quinn. I think Charlie Weis is what made him so much better. If he comes out I think he'll be average at best in the NFL. If he stays that would do him good. Leinart has 3 great years under his belt. Young actually has played some tough opponents. Quinn has also benefited from playing only 3 winning teams. Not that hard to pick apart teams like BYU... Next year will tell us a lot about him as I believe they play Penn State next year.

3. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

If i were him it wouldnt be a question about leaving or staying based on the money he would make if he stays...he might be a number 1 pick if he stays for another year, but hes def. not a number 1 pick this year.

4. J-E-T-S 1083

yea that is true he obviously has a much better chance of being a number 1 pick and getting better with Weis helping if he were to stay in college one more year

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

its true that he wont go #1 this year and he might next year, but that doesnt mean more money next year....theres a momentum in the NFL to adjust the CBA to tighten up the rookie cap and perhaps even include salary slotting....its long overdue, because high picks are getting more guarenteed cash than young pro bowlers....if a team picks a guy in the top 3 and that guy turns into an avg player, the team is crushed under his enormous salary....so coming out now would hurt his draft stock, but might equate to more money....having said that, I expect him to go back to ND....

6. J-E-T-S 1083

yea i think despite that cap he'll still go back to ND, so hopefully the Jets can get Bush this year and Quinn next year and everyone will be happy

7. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I think he stays, but I dont think the Jets will be getting Reggie Bush....the Texans or the 49ers will be grabbing Reggie Bush....unless the Jets want to mortgage the future and give up a ton of veterans and picks....lets consider this scenario:

Draft Order:
    1.Texans
    2.49ers
    3.Jets......If Im the Texans I want, this years 1st and 3rd, next years 1st and 3rd, a 2nd and 4th in 2008 and throw in Jonathon Wilma and Mike Nugent....you want Bush, pay the price!

8. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Something like could turn the Texans into winners real quick!

9. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'>Something like could turn the Texans into winners real quick!</div>

Even if Dan Reeves is the next head coach?

10. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Especially if Dan Reeves is the head coach....how often do you have the #1 pick and have the world drooling over thoughts of the #1 guy dancing around in the end zone at thier stadium in thier uniform? whoever gets the number 1 will dealing from an enormous position of strength, because not only are people enamored with Bush, but others are enamored with Lineart, so in order to assure that you get the one you want, you have to go to the team at #1....if theres a trade, it will be a monumental....

11. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think he stays, but I dont think the Jets will be getting Reggie Bush....the Texans or the 49ers will be grabbing Reggie Bush....unless the Jets want to mortgage the future and give up a ton of veterans and picks....lets consider this scenario:

Draft Order:
    1.Texans
    2.49ers
    3.Jets......If Im the Texans I want, this years 1st and 3rd, next years 1st and 3rd, a 2nd and 4th in 2008 and throw in Jonathon Wilma and Mike Nugent....you want Bush, pay the price!</div>

Dam that would be the most ever given up for one pick. Really it comes down to 3 first rounders with Vilma included. 3 2nd's with Nugent included and 2 3rd's and a 4th. I do agree that if Houston gets the #1 pick they're better off trading it to gain something but I'm not sure anyone would be willing to give up that much for one pick...

Houston has a big dilema as well. They really want to trade the #1 pick. They have a QB who has shown signs of spark and a RB and WR who are capable of getting it done. What they lack is some offensive lineman and defense. Trading down a couple spots and selecting D'Brickashaw Ferguson from Virginia would be a good or at least the smartest move. It's going to be intresting how it plays out. I have a hunch you'll see something like the Atlanta and San Diego trade a few years back..

12. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

How come Brady Quinn won't get noticed?

1. He lost to Leinart in the ND vs. USC game
    2. He's not with a team thats noticed (USC and Texas are noticed)
    3. He diden't have ANY chance to win the Heisman

13. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hawk)</div><div class='quotemain'>2. He's not with a team thats noticed (USC and Texas are noticed)
    </div>

ND is the media's little baby this year. That's all they talk about. If it wasn't for the media NOTICING Notre Dame, ND wouldn't be playing in a BCS Bowl. Oregon would of and they should be..