Brandon Jennings Frusturated

Discussion in 'International Basketball' started by J_Ray, Jan 19, 2009.

1. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Source

It's an interview with Laptop, but he's supposedly tight with Brandon Jennings...both low IQ guys, but I believe him :clap:

Brandon Jennings could be in the Pac-10 tearing it up with C-Bud & Jordan Hill but he chose to go overseas, so can't say I feel sorry for him since he's getting paid.

2. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    Actually his test scores were low and he was considered acedmically inelegible to play on the team. For a player such as Jennings who was pretty much a one and done player...which makes more sense? Go to Arizona and not be able to play OR sign with a Euro team, get paid and still have the option to join the draft next year? Seems like a pretty simple solution

3. J_Ray

Arizona have some of the lowest requirements to get accepted, they're down in the ranks of Memphis in terms of academics. I know the whole process that went on, and he didn't take the SAT serious. SAT's aren't that hard to get acceptable scores, either he is dumb as a rock or didn't care. He figured he would go to Europe and dominate while being paid, but he obviously didn't research it that much since he had no clue they're more about fundamentals and experience. He is a young flashy player that never played D, let alone physical D, so he was never destined to get a significant amount of burn going overseas in the first place. He's finding out the hard way right now, but it's ultimately good that he'll learn now that you can't screw around anymore. He's practically in his rookie year right now, and he'll be more NBA ready than someone like Greg Monroe or Tyreke Evans if you ask me.

4. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    in regard to if he took the test seriously or not is irrelevent...no matter the reason he didn't make the cut. As for the European game not fitting his style...that kinda works in his favor in that it only helps his ability to learn and adapt to different styles of play. And being over there will only help him on understanding and learning how to play D...he isn't doing bad and this should only help him to become a more complete PG

5. J_Ray

Yeah, him learning how to adapt is what I meant by him practically being in his rookie year and that's why I thought he'd be more NBA ready than other guys from his class.

6. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Oh, I see....I must have just mis-read earlier...I'm truly sorry...:cheers:

But I still see him as a lottery pick due to his speed, passing and upside. Hell, I hope Minnesota gets him if he happens to slide a lil to their second 1st round pick

7. J_Ray

Jennings will be top 10 pick guaranteed, I bet he'll end up in top 5 though. I'm willing to bet he's going to Washington if I had to predict where he'll land right now.