Brewer "best player in camp"

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Jazz's five-day stay in Boise, Idaho, didn't do much to clear up their shooting guard competition, but it did offer coach Jerry Sloan some insight into how C.J. Miles and Ronnie Brewer spent their respective summers.
    Brewer earned rave reviews all week, with guard Deron Williams saying Saturday, "Ronnie Brewer's been, I would probably say, the best player in camp. He's been crazy."
    Sloan commended Brewer for having a "completely different attitude" now when it comes to working and said: "Ronnie's played extremely well. He's in terrific shape. He's gotten stronger, he's gotten a little bit bigger. He's playing with a great deal of confidence."</div></p>

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_7115631</p>

Great news. The Jazz need some defense and athleticism at shooting guard, and Brewer provides just that. He's not a rookie this season, so he might even start.</p>

</p>

2. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Re: Brewer

I'm not surprised one bit. Brewer was one of "my guys" coming out of the 06 draft, and Utah picked themselves up an excellent player at 14. He may not have gotten much run last season on account of Sloan breaking rookies in slowly as he traditionally does, but I still think that he's going to develop into one of the better players to come out of that draft. He's very versatile, plays outstanding perimeter defense, is an athletic freak, he's very quick, he can handle the ball, he has good court vision, he can play all three perimeter positions, he never takes a rest on the court, and as you Jazz fans already know even from seeing him in small doses, he can finish at the rim. He has one of the weirdest looking jumpers I've seen in a while, but with his work ethic, there's no doubt that he will improve that shot. Watch out for Ronnie Brewer this year, and many years following.</p>