Brooks rolls on with another stupid article

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Feb 26, 2019.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Stating, chances are the Rangers will never draft a player as good as Hayes with the 23-31st pick. For starters dummy, Hayes was taken 24th which already makes you look stupid. Miller who they drafted 22nd already looks like he will be a better NHL player than Hayes is. So does Lundkvist who they took 28th. Chytil who they took 21st surely projects to be a better player than Hayes in a couple of years. I believe both Miller and Chytil would have been there at 23 to 26 if the Rangers were drafting there. They took Barron 174th and I would say he has a chance to be better than Hayes. I've stuck up for Hayes for the past few years. However, one thing that can't be disputed is he's been an incredibly pathetic player in the playoffs with 2 goals 10 points in 34 playoff games. Is he a different player now who can turn that around? Maybe. However, he's not worth a 6 year contract IMO when you have Kravtsov coming over who can probably fill his role quickly. Kravtsov, Andersson, Chytil, Howden, Barron. I don't know which one will take over Hayes role at center but I assume one of them will figure it out before 25 which how long it took Hayes to.

Plus, you have to figure they will draft forward heavy this year. So dumbass Brooks should realize they probably will have a top 12 pick. Meaning, if they were looking to "replace" Hayes as if Kravtsov could not easily do it lmao, they won't have a problem.

I guess Larry figures the only way the Rangers could replace the mighty Kevin Hayes is by an act of God. Gimme a break. This senile old fool is so incompetent he should work for the Oilers.

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I really think with a good free agent addition or 2 we are playoff bound next year. And I'm telling you guys now you are all going to love this kid lemieux who plays with the same intensity with size as his dad.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Even with a big FA addition i don't see us as a playoff team next year, as alot of our roster will be 23 or younger and still growing, or our D corps still won't be playoff caliber with some dead weight. Not to mention all the other teams in the EC that are already established. TB, Tor, Boston, Wash, Pitt(declining), Columbus(?) and Buffalo all will still have better overall rosters. But by 20-21 i think we should be in the WC mix or a Divsional playoff spot, in HL last contract year.

4. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Hajek called up right after Brooksie writes an article saying that he sucks. Can't make this up...never change Brooks.

5. kreidertime

Honestly, I would not put it past Hajek to be bored out of his mind in the AHL. He looked really good in camp.

6. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

I think it's a little early to know what Hayes will become but I wouldn't mind seeing him come back for the right price. He's big, tough to knock off the puck and most importantly can play in NY. I'd rather see Gorton make a play for Hayes than Zucc. Glad to see Hajek called up, the more youth on this roster the better to finish out the last quarter of the season. Gives Quinn an opportunity to get a good look at what he has. Even though the Rangers are out of it they played hard last night only to get hosed by a blatant pick play in OT for the game winner. It was nice to see guys like Andersson come to Lemieux's defense when TB ganged up on him.

7. kreidertime

I think Andersson's point totals will go 21, 29, 35, 39, 47

Something like that. However, like Lemieiux he will do all the dirty things it takes to win.