Brooks scores 27 as Grizzlies battle past Knicks 127-106

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by truebluefan, Jan 30, 2020.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The New York Knicks are fed up with the way Memphis’ Jae Crowder goes about playing the game of basketball.

Down 18 points with 48 seconds left in regulation, Elfrid Payton ran up to Crowder and shoved him into the first row of the courtside seats after the veteran forward shot and missed a wide-open 3-point attempt.

"I think the dude (Crowder) plays the game a different way. He's got a lot of female tendencies on the court,” New York’s Marcus Morris Sr. said. “Flapping and throwing his head back the entire game. This is a man's game and you just get tired of it."

A short time later, Morris apologized for his initial comments.

"I apologize for using the term 'female tendencies,'" Morris posted on Twitter. “I have the upmost respect for women and everything they mean to us. It was a Heat of the moment response and I never intended for any Women to feel as though in anyway I'm disrespecting them. Again I apologize for my comments.”

The confrontation cast a shadow over a strong performance by Dillon Brooks, who scored 27 points, and Ja Morant, who had 18 points and 10 assists, as the Grizzlies cruised to their fourth straight victory, beating the Knicks 127-106 on Wednesday night.

read more https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401161352