Buchnevich

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Mar 25, 2018.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Wonder if I'm alone in hoping this guy gets dealt at the draft to move up. I don't like his game. He's inconsistent, lazy and loses puck battles consistently. That being said, another team would deal for him. He's young, cheap and had 40+ points. I just don't want him going forward on this roster. I want the Howden's, Andersson's, Lindgren's, Fast's, Zucc's on this team. Not the Miller's or Buchnevich's.

2. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Here is what I'll say, Gorton should look to move up to the top 3 or so if possible. We'll be around 10 (barring lottery luck) and I would love to get higher. If Buch is a piece that can be used to climb, I do it.

I'll also add we will be busy and add players. Look at team after team after team that has stunk for years despite high draft picks year after year. Even look at a team like the Leafs that stunk for years before being good now. I see no way Gorton is going to sit back here. We will make moves. We will add vets SMARTLY (meaning no long term crazy contracts). And I have little doubt Gorton plans on having a solid team next season (with WC potential) and then being back moving towards the top in two years.

I see virtually no way Gorton sits back and makes tons of picks without trying to improve via other ways as well. There is simply too much evidence that it could take years and years to do it that way, if it ever works.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Do we root for TB to lose early for a mid-1st or win it all for late 1st but an extra 1st?

4. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Extra 1st I think. And we root for the Bruins and Devs to lose early so we get the best possible 1st and 2nd round picks from them.

One team is going to make the ECF from the Atlantic, and most likely that is TB or Boston. So I rather have it be TB, and then hopefully they win the cup if they make it that far.