Bucks and Bulls are in deep talks on a Michael Carter-Williams-for-Tony Snell trade.

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Oct 15, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

2. truebluefan

3. truebluefan

4. truebluefan

5. truebluefan

6. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

MCW has his flaws, but I'm genuinely surprised the Bulls were able to get this calibre of player for Snell, who is the definition of mediocre bench fodder.

He's an odd fit since he doesn't shoot well, but this should add to the Bulls' ability to play versatile lineups. I assume this means the Bulls are confident in Denzel Valentine since Snell is still decent insurance on the wing.

I'm beginning to wonder if MCW has serious attitude problems. It's very unusual for a productive player on a rookie contract get moved around as much as he does.

My guess is this trade is about moving a bunch of guys nobody really wants, but I'm still optimistic due to the talent differential.

7. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Desperation in the Windy City. Giving up on their own draft pick and making a trade to "make the team better."

8. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

Rondo has missed time the last five seasons or so too. I like having a backup pg who plays with some of the same joy de vivre as Rondo at the ready. I'd rather the front office take a flier on MCW than trade Snell for a second rounder.

9. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

I think the biggest benefit of having MCW is that he can eat a lot of minutes if needed, which is a really nice quality to have from a few of your bench players.

It should make it easier to use Rondo and Wade with caution and not screw with our lineups too much.

He can't shoot, but I presume he'll be replacing Dinwiddie and Grant in the lineup so the effect should be modest. The big concern is whether or not his attitude is FUBAR. The chattering class is saying that he hasn't worked on his game since coming into the league and has an inflated opinion of himself, so it's hard to have him on a team despite his talent. He might be our 4th alpha.

I haven't followed his career outside of headlines, but I'm buying it for now. There must be some reason teams are happy to get rid of him.

However, when the denominator in all of this is Tony Snell it's a lot easier to live with these warts.

10. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

Losing Snell doesn't really matter much it seems.

Gaining MCW doesn't really matter much either. Lots of people were talking up Dinwiddie and Grant, so this move seems to take away their minutes.

He seems like a legit backup PG. Can't shoot. Can play D and play the point a bit.

Doesn't really matter much.

I have to admit, I'm interested to see this odd assemblage in action. Its a curiosity. There are no more championship expectations and its hard to see this Rondo/Wade/Butler core growing on that path the next 3 years given their age.

Sometimes its fun in NBA2K to just make a bunch of trades out of sheer boredom and play a few games. That seems to be this Bulls season. Odd that guys are pulling in big $$$ to make these haphazard moves, but that's another story.

11. truebluefan

Snell would not play much this season for the Bulls. With Canaan, Valentine, McDermott, he would have gotten a lot of DNP's.

Also, this tells me the FO is not satisfied with the back up PG's at this time.

This gives us another play maker. Something we have complained about not having for years.

I like the trade

12. truebluefan

13. truebluefan

14. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I tried to find something negative on MCW's attitude, but came up empty.

He's yet another intriguing player. I remember seeing him his rookie season and wishing the Bulls had him. For Snell? I'm on board.

15. truebluefan