Bucks Free Agent Possibilities

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by bangofan13, Jul 4, 2004.

1. bangofan13

bangofan13 JBB JustBBall Member

For the bucks they have TJ Ford and Erick Strickland under contract,but Damon Jones and Brevin Knight are both Unrestricted free agents. If they cant sign those two they will need to sign a point guard. There has been some talk about signing former duke star William Avery. If they cant get him who do you think would sign with the Bucks.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

I am moving this to the Bucks forum - please make use of the team forums, especially the Milwaukee one which is one of the quieter sections.

3. bangofan13

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Supersonic:</div><div class="quote_post">I am moving this to the Bucks forum - please make use of the team forums, especially the Milwaukee one which is one of the quieter sections.</div>
    I put it at the NBA so it can get attention. Noone goes on the Bucks one.

4. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bangofan13:</div><div class="quote_post">I put it at the NBA so it can get attention. Noone goes on the Bucks one.</div>

You'll find that when I moved it, it left a link in the NBA forum. However team forums are here for a reason, and the only way to get them busy is to post in them.

5. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

They should go after William "Smush" Parker if the Bobcats dont sign him, he was drafted by the Cavaliers the season before LeBron and Melo came and he played pretty good for the amount of Time he recieved. He would be great off the bench or even starting for Ford until he's better.

6. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Ghost:</div><div class="quote_post">They should go after William "Smush" Parker if the Bobcats dont sign him, he was drafted by the Cavaliers the season before LeBron and Melo came and he played pretty good for the amount of Time he recieved. He would be great off the bench or even starting for Ford until he's better.</div>

Smush would still be in the league if he wasn't such a jackass. Great talent with attitude problems, similar to Joe Forte.

7. Saves

Saves JBB JustBBall Member

Bill Walton?

8. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

I'm not worried about a backup PG at this point, but I would like to see Rafer Alston back here. I think there's actually a really good opportunity for him here. The only problem is he really came through last year for Miami, and started during Wade's injury. He put up decent numbers and still commanded some minutes after Wade's injury. So now he probably feels like he can start somewhere, AND get more money. Mike James intrigues me. Avery could work for us too. There won't be a lot of pressure on him and we won't need him for too much, but if he can become something, that's definitely a huge bonus.

I guess to sum it up, I want Rafer number one, Mike James, and if not him then Avery. Of course this is only if Damon Jones won't come back. It sucks cuz I just talked to him yesterday and he's really enjoying the summer here. His personality was a great thing to have, and he really stepped it up at times. He was made a fool of by the Pistons, but then again, who wasn't? He really did a good job this year. More than anyone expected that's for sure. I hate to see him go.

9. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Yeah yall should worry about re-signing Damon first, him and TJ make for a great PG combo...and if yall dont, we'd always love to have him here in Houston [​IMG]

10. og15

og15 JBB *********

I think a big man is more important, I'm not sure if Gadzuric can handle starting, and Skinner is leaving along with the PG's, and Kukoc who was a good playmaker for the team.

I think the Bucks should try getting Skinner back first, after that they should go after Rafer maybe, because I heard they feel they won't get Jones and Knight back.

A backup SF might also be needed, and it's still a mistery if Haislip can produce.

The Lineup is looking like this:

PG - Ford / Strickland
    SG - Redd / Desmond
    SF - Van Horn / Desmond
    PF - Smith / Haislip / Pachulia
    C - Gadzuric / Pachulia / Santiago

Also Anthony Mason and Jason Caffey are still on the pay roll and they both combine for about 12 million of the salary, so their's not much working room.
    Redd is due for an extension this year I think also, but Mason and Caffey come off next year so it's all good.

If the team doesn't get some good/decent backups at PG, SG/SF, and C this season won't be as good as the last.

11. bangofan13

If Mike James would like coming to milwaukee i would take him. As for a big man, is Fizer a FA if so he would be ok.

12. Milweskee

Haislip actually is a SF. Unless he really bulked up this offseason he will remain a SF.

13. og15

og15 JBB *********

Yea but I'd rather have him playing the 4, how man minutes will the man see behind KVH and DMase?
    His NBA position is PF, and even though he isn't huge, he's strong, he can bench about 400+ lbs.

14. bangofan13

At hoopshype.com, Haislip is listed as an PF.The same at NBAdraft.net. He could play small forward,but Porter has him as a PF. Lots of because of his strength.

15. Milweskee

Oh, my fault. I thought last season he was listed as a SF.

16. bangofan13

Mark Blount of the Boston Celtics has been"seriously talked to" along with Skinner according to an email I got.

17. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

E-Mail from who?

18. bangofan13

From google you go and ask for a email concerning milwaukee bucks and ull get about 6 a day about players making runs for the summer league, coaching positions, and now mark blount stuff.

19. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

From Salt Lake Tribune this morning:
    Arroyo update

Carlos Arroyo expects to make a decision "in the next couple of days" about signing a contract with the Jazz or an offer sheet from another team, the Puerto Rican point guard told the San Juan newspaper el Nuevo Dia.
    Arroyo, who said he had heard from the Bucks and Lakers in the past few days, in addition to the Heat, Timberwolves and Hawks last week, is a restricted free agent, so the Jazz can match any offer he receives -- a fact that may be scaring off potential suitors.
    "I'm finding that the teams are worried about making offers because they worry that it might be a bad decision to commit yourself to one player and not another," Arroyo told the newspaper.
    "I want it to be a surprise," he said of his new contract, which he hopes will be a five-year deal. "When I have something to celebrate, we'll celebrate it with Puerto Rico."

20. bangofan13

Now Cris Mihm and Etan Thomas have been possibilitiess. I feel we will get Cris Mihm and not ET, because Washing really wants him to stay and is willing to put up the money.