Bucks Hire Porter

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by gmanspack, Aug 6, 2003.

1. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

I believe Terry will be a good coach, and is well liked here, he went to UW Stephens Point and Milwaukee South and he is better than hiring stotts who was Karls left hand man

2. BucksFan-InPain

BucksFan-InPain JBB JustBBall Member

You really think so? I'm not so sure. If you're going to hire a coach that has one year of experience (as an assistant), and have one of the youngest teams in the NBA, that could be trouble. But, I can't say that I didn't expect this from Harris, who has been about the benjamins ever since he got the job. It will be a rocky start for TP, regardless.

3. gmanspack

Just u watch bucksfan, when the Magic hired a no name coach in Doc Rivers, everyone thought the would stink, they went 41-41, Doc got coach of the year

4. TommyFabs

TommyFabs JBB JustBBall Member

i ndunno, it should be interesting. The buckas are a young team, and i wanan see what Porter can do with them. I say a few years down the road..they will be a pretty good team

5. BucksFan-InPain

BucksFan-InPain JBB JustBBall Member

Don't get me wrong gmanspack, I would love to see the Bucks post a .500 or above record this year, but it's a very young team and a very young coach. Those two things are a bad combination. But, hey let's hope he does well though.

6. jbbSpree

jbbSpree JBB JustBBall Member

i think it is quite a risky move only because of the experience factor and the small hole that the bucks are in losing so much all-star talent over the past 2 seasons in allen, g-rob and payton. It will be interesting to see how it all ends up, if he can do as a good a job as Doc did with the magic i'll be impressed.

7. gmanspack

The porter hiring has drawn huge intrest in the team here in the city because he is a home town boy

8. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

I think he will be an alright coach... but we'll see how he does.