Bucks Off-Season Blueprint

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Shapecity, May 5, 2004.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">St. Francis - The Milwaukee Bucks have no intention of standing pat as they go about preparing for next season, and they think the free-agent market is one avenue they can utilize to improve the team.

The Bucks were one of the surprise stories in the National Basketball Association this season, finishing with a 41-41 record and qualifying for the Eastern Conference playoffs. But now they face the challenge of avoiding a drop-off and remaining a playoff-caliber team for next season.

Coach Terry Porter and general manager Larry Harris, meeting with reporters in their post-season news conference Tuesday, both conceded that that wouldn't be easy because the rest of the league knows what to expect from the Bucks next season.</div>

Full Article:
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/may04/227218.asp

2. og15

og15 JBB *********

I don't think we should let Skinner go, I know Smith did good this year but I'd like to see us getting another Center and moving Skinner to the 4. Joe could become this sixth man and come off the bench. I think Gadzuric is also an FA and he needs to be signed back as soon as possible, if he improves his offense and composure, then he can move into the starting lineup and all we need is a backup C.

With TJ Healthy this is the lineup I'm hoping to see:

C - FA or Gadzuric.
    PF - Skinner
    SF - Desmond
    SG - Redd
    PG - Ford

This lineup will be able to run the floor like crazy and it would really help. I'm also hoping for TJ to improve his offensive game and with a solid bench people need to fear.
    I say we re-sign Damon Jones if possible because he did really good for us this year, let Kukoc run, and mve KVH to the bench or try to trade him. His lack of defense really bothers me, but he's better than Timmy. Lastly we need a backup 2 guard, we can look at Rasual Butler who would be hard to get because the Heat can match any offer up to 4.5 million on him and he isn't worth that much so not likely, and Rodney White. We could also look at getting Keyoon Dooling on a small contract and seeing if he can improve and perform.
    <u>Bench:</u>
    Joe Smith
    Damon Jones
    KVH
    FA Center or Gadzuric
    FA SG

3. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I'm a big fan of Skinner and Smith, they both work extremely hard and both are key whether they start or whether they help and provide energy off the bench. I look forward to DMase next season, he'll probably have worked on his game and have an awesome shot.

Redd will be better too, I especially hope he can add more dishes to his stat-line. It would make everything better. KVH needs to work on his consistency and quickness. After that everything ought to be fine, we'd need to improve overall shooting to compensate for TJ's lack of it. What does TJ stand for anyway?

4. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

Desmond Mason is a great player and he is capable of starting the whole season when will the bucks get that? hopefully by next season he will proven as more than just a dunker so he will start getting the playing time he deserves. DMase will have improved tremendously like he has in the summer's before and will have an instant impact and we will see what the kid can really do other than jump over guys.

5. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

Its not up to us if we let BSkinn go or not, its a player option, his choice.

If he does go we will have 6-12 mil to spend in the FA market.

Bucks should be players in the FA market