Bucks Sign Jelani McCoy

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Avery, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Milwaukee Bucks signed free agent center Jelani McCoy to add depth to their frontcourt.

McCoy, 6-foot-10 and 245 pounds, has averaged 4.8 points and 3.7 rebounds in 244 career games. He played in two games with Cleveland last season before the Cavaliers waived him.

He was drafted by Seattle in the second round of the 1998 NBA draft. He played three seasons with the SuperSonics and then signed as a free agent with the Los Angeles Lakers.</div>

<div align="center">Link</div>

2. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

I like this guy, hopefully he can help the bucks off the bench and be there 6th man. I liked this guy when he played for LA and Toronto hopefully he can do the same here.

3. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Great addition. McCoy can be a great defender and rebounder when called upon, and with a bit of luck, could have an impact on the Bucks team like Brian Skinner had a season ago.

4. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

I liked him when he was with Raptors then I kind of forgot about him. Good signing but I don't think he will be anything special but a solid roleplayer is nice.

5. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

He played well for the Sonics in his first season with them and was very effective for the Raps in 2002-2003. He can still ball, he's a good 3rd string Center, he might be very effective as a 2nd string center.

6. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Given a chance, McCoy could turn out to be a good bench player for the Bucks. He can defend and rebound, and could turn out to be a great addition for the Bucks. He should be effective coming off the bench, with good size.

7. milwaukeebucks#1

milwaukeebucks#1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Banks:</div><div class="quote_post">He played well for the Sonics in his first season with them and was very effective for the Raps in 2002-2003. He can still ball, he's a good 3rd string Center, he might be very effective as a 2nd string center.</div>

2nd string center???? are you kidding, gadzuric, zaza will be 1 or 2, then santiago or zendon hamilton. no way McCoy is 2nd stringer.