Bucks to sign 3 players

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by milwaukeebucks#1, Aug 5, 2004.

1. milwaukeebucks#1

milwaukeebucks#1 JBB JustBBall Member

straight from GERY WOELFEL of the Journal Times

Now that the Bucks signed Mike James and Toni Kukoc, they are expecting to sign Zendon Hamilton(Scrub), Lonnie Jones (Scrub), and Mo Williams (scrub). i guess 2 of the 3 are 7 footers. [​IMG] i smell hall of fame and mvp candiates. [​IMG]

"Harris will continue his efforts to land at least three more free agents. Two of them are expected to be 6-foot-11 Zendon Hamilton, who was a backup in Philadelphia last season, and 7-footer Lonnie Jones, who has played in Greece and USBL.

Hamilton, 29, appeared in 45 games last season for the 76ers, averaging 3.8 points and 3.2 rebounds in 10.5 minutes. Jones made a positive impression on the Bucks during summer league cometition while playing for Atlanta and Cleveland.

Also, Mark Bartelstein, the agent for Utah backup guard Mo Williams, said the Bucks have talked to him about his client. Williams is a restricted free agent, meaning Utah could match any offer for him. "

you can read the article here:
    http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2004/.../iq_3027890.txt

2. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

Try 2 Centers

Zendon had a huge game vs us last year. Lonnie has never played in the NBA.

Mo Williams isn't a scrub, he has tremendous upside at PG, but he is restricted, Utah most likely would match

Hoopshype Scouting Report on Zendon Hamilton:
    "A big body in the paint, Brings energy and good additude on the defensive end, Not bad on the offensive end
    [​IMG]

Hoopshype Scouting Report on Mo Williams:
    Very quick and talented point guard, Superb ballhandling skills, Lacks defensive toughness, Could have used another year in college.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] -Lonnie Jones

3. bangofan13

bangofan13 JBB JustBBall Member

3 centers? Dont You mean 2? Y Mo Williams we now got james????

4. N4S

N4S BBW Member

I'll tell ya what being a 76ers fan that you guys should be glad to have Hamilton. He came in late last year as pretty much a walk-on. He provides a good boost off the bench, he really wants to play in this league and shows it every night by doing all the scrapp work. You'll really like his effort.

5. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div align="center"><font color="Blue">***Title Edited***</font></div>

All three are solid additions, but they're all nothing more than bench players. This is not a move that will have too big of an impact in the long run.

6. milwaukeebucks#1

milwaukeebucks#1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bangofan13:</div><div class="quote_post">3 centers? Dont You mean 2? Y Mo Williams we now got james????</div>

i never said 3 centers, i said 3 players, and that 2 of the 3 are 7 footers.

7. bangofan13

bangofan13 JBB JustBBall Member

My bad my computer must be going crazy cause on the top it said 3 centers? so ya sorry.