Bucks Waive Haislip

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by gmanspack, Nov 4, 2004.

1. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

Third-Year Forward Waived

NOVEMBER 4, 2004 - The Milwaukee Bucks have requested waivers on forward Marcus Haislip, General Manager Larry Harris announced today.
    ?Marcus gave us a good effort, but unfortunately the minutes weren?t there for him,? said Harris. ?We thank Marcus for his contributions on and off the court and wish him well.?

Selected by the Bucks with the 13th overall pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, Haislip averaged 3.6 points and 1.5 rebounds in 70 games with Milwaukee over the last two seasons.

The Bucks active roster stands at 11 players

From Bucks.com

Finally they realize the bust. One open roster spot, someone will be signed shortly.

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Haislip still has potential though. He's only been in the league two years and has the body to succeed. I can still see someone taking a chance on him.

3. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Raptors should pick him up and waive Dion Glover or Milt Palacio. But I'd prefer they waive Dion Glover because he is a SG and we have Roger Mason to back up Vince when he's not playing and thats like 7-9 minutes a game. He could be a better Center than Loren Woods or back up Bosh at PF and we could put Donyell back at SF like he played in Utah.

Im surprised Milwaukee didnt keep him, he has amazing potential and isnt that bad of a dunker. I'd pick him up over pretty much any low level bench player.

4. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

He has had the chance to win PT, and just dogged it in practice. He has potential yes, but is one of the laziest players in the league and just looks like he doesn't care at all about trying to play or get better

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sooch_6:</div><div class="quote_post">Raptors should pick him up and waive Dion Glover or Milt Palacio. But I'd prefer they waive Dion Glover because he is a SG and we have Roger Mason to back up Vince when he's not playing and thats like 7-9 minutes a game. He could be a better Center than Loren Woods or back up Bosh at PF and we could put Donyell back at SF like he played in Utah.

Im surprised Milwaukee didnt keep him, he has amazing potential and isnt that bad of a dunker. I'd pick him up over pretty much any low level bench player.</div>
    We don't have Dion Glover anymore, he's playing in Europe now.

We won't waive Milt for Haislip because we have a glut at the forward position, and need a backup PG.

6. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

I didnt know about Dion playing in Europe, but he deserves to be in the NBA he's better than that and we need a better backup PG isnt Rod Strickland or JR Bremer Available?