Bulls Interested In Darko

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by knicksfan3, Jul 4, 2007.

1. knicksfan3

knicksfan3 Nets Season Ticket Holder - Section 225

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Chicago Shows Interest In DarkoChicago Tribune - 07/04 - 6:16 AM ESTIn a surprising and much-questioned move, the Orlando Magic renounced its rights to the power forward Tuesday after receiving an oral commitment from top free agent Rashard Lewis. Milicic is now an unrestricted free agent.Milicic intrigues the Bulls, who have contacted his agent to express their interest. Only the Charlotte Bobcats , Milwaukee Bucks and Grizzlies own significant salary-cap room to sign him, though, so Milicic might be forced to sign for the midlevel salary-cap exception of roughly $5.5 million, which the Bulls have.</div>I'd consider Darko the backup option for the Bulls if a deal isn't done for Pau Gasol. Seems like they are pretty content on making a deal for Pau at this point.

2. SerbBojo

SerbBojo BBW Member

Darko is a bit of a baby and I dont think he'll be able to handle Coach Skiles. He'd prolly get yelled at every day for being lazy. Plus he wants 8-10million which is way to much and Paxson isnt stupid enough to offer anything even close to that for him.

3. BuLLzDoMaIn

BuLLzDoMaIn BBW Elite Member

I dont think anyone is gonna give darko that. but im down for trying to get him. he is still really young. I would support darko on the bulls.

4. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

Yet again. the Bulls would be going after a big man they don't need. They need a front-court scorer, not a defender such as Darko. They would just be adding another Ben Wallace or Joakim Noah.

5. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jul 5 2007, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yet again. the Bulls would be going after a big man they don't need. They need a front-court scorer, not a defender such as Darko. They would just be adding another Ben Wallace or Joakim Noah.</div>Although thats true, the Bulls might like his offensive potential....which Ben Wallace(obviously) and Joakim Noah doesn't have much at all...

6. time takes time

time takes time BBW Member

I think it would be a mistake. they would have to overpay him, and I don't think it's worth it. Right now, I think they should make a big run for pau gasol or kg.

7. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

Darko has more of an offensive game than Noah though.

8. BuLLzDoMaIn

Ok people our bigs this season whereMike sweets.....AllenPJThomas Wallacenow if we got darko he would help us scoring wise more then sweet allen and PJ did... Thomas is also gonna get more min so hes gonna do way better. Noah is gonna do better then allen and sweets 4 sure... Well who ever we get will help more then they did... All we need is a guy to get a good 10ppg down low. and two others to get around 8pgg..I would say Darko thomas and noah can do that....And along with gordon kirk and deng still doing most of the scoring we are good.im willing to get darkoWallace/noah/darkoDarko/thomas/noahway better thenwallace/pj/allenPj/thomas/allen/sweets

9. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

The whole concept of having a good big man isnt to just score 10ppg in the paint...hes got to be a player who you can throw the ball in the post and can get you a easy shot....that doesn't sound like a 10ppg type of player. So the idea of getting somebody who can give you 10ppg in the post isnt helping much cause if hes only getting 10ppg, hes probably not dominant enough to get easy points downlow...which is the whole reason of having a big man on your team, and thats why most championship teams have a good big man.

10. BuLLzDoMaIn

Yeah but he would be helping alot more then anyone we had last season.