Bulls Interested in Drafting Kris Dunn

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, May 11, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

For all the talk about how executive vice president John Paxson and general manager Gar Forman made clear every option is on the table this summer, this is a front office that, historically, has preferred to build through the draft

Last year, the Bulls were fully prepared to select a point guard from a draft deep at that position before Bobby Portis unexpectedly dropped to them at No. 22. This year's draft isn't as deep at point guard. If the Bulls don't trade up, one player sources say intrigues them — Providence combo guard Kris Dunn — certainly would be gone at No. 14. .

The Bulls historically have been aggressive with trades to move up in the draft, doing so to acquire Luol Deng in 2004 and Doug McDermott in 2014.

Read more http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...aft-jimmy-butler-spt-0508-20160507-story.html

2. truebluefan

Bulls interested in Kris Dunn, but should they be?

K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Chicago Bulls are interested in Providence point guard Kris Dunn this year, further stating that the Bulls – accurately so – have previously traded up in drafts to secure their man. Johnson cites the Bulls trading up for Luol Deng in 2004 and Doug McDermott 10 years later. This, too, would be necessary for Chicago given that they’re currently projected to have the 14th pick, about 8-10 slots lower than Dunn’s projected draft position.

Chicago has been looking for a point guard for a while, and Dunn certainly fits the bill, as he’s rated as the top floor leader in this year’s draft. With Derrick Rose becoming a free agent in the summer of 2017, Chicago is seeking not only depth at the position, but long-term security. Dunn would be the starting point guard if Rose goes elsewhere a year from now, just as he would if Rose misses time next year and onward, assuming he sticks around.

While Dunn certainly would make for a great addition to a Chicago squad in dire need of a talent upgrade, you still have to consider whether Dunn’s 22 years of age carries enough potential to make a trade-up worthwhile, especially if the Bulls choose to overlook Kentucky two-guard Jamal Murray, who is almost three years younger.

Read more http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/chicago-bulls/bulls-interested-kris-dunn/

3. rosenthall

rosenthall Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think Dunn is more Antonio Daniels than John Wall. He's not quite the disruptive athlete he's given credit for.

I think I'd rather keep Niko and draft Ullis/Baldwin.

I'm not sure there's anyone in the middle of the lottery that I'm really crazy about. Trading up to take Poeltl could be a nice move if we don't think we can pay Noah what he wants to stay.

That'd clear huge amounts of cap room for this offseason and next. Poeltl is one of the safer picks in the draft IMO.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  4. truebluefan