BULLS SIGN STEFHON HANNAH

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Oct 1, 2015.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

The Chicago Bulls announced today the signing of free agent guard Stefhon Hannah (steff-ON). In accordance with team policy, terms of the contract were not announced.

Hannah (6-1, 175) spent last season with both the Grand Rapids Drive and the Reno Bighorns of the NBA D-League. In 22 games, he averaged 5.9 ppg, 2.1 apg and 1.05 spg in 16.6 mpg.

Read more http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bulls-sign-stefhon-hannah

2. bullsger

bullsger Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Anyone knew something about Hannah? Sounds like a training camp contract...

such sweet thunder likes this.
  3. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

There's several people at RealGM who seem to like him. He's apparently a distributing point guard who won defensive player of the year in the D League last season. I like that profile and don't doubt that there are more than a handful of guards in the D League who are good enough to make an NBA roster, if put in the right position to succeed.

My first reaction was to downplay the signing -- and he's probably not going to make the team. But how much better is this than a Mike James or Nazr Mohammed signing? If your coach is willing to look at players who have basketball experience, if not in the NBA, you can get players acclimated in camp, and they'll be there for a call up if you need them during the regular season due to injuries.

transplant likes this.
  4. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree probably wont make the team. Probably better than Mike James, but so is Crawford.

My guess is the big guy they signed, will be our Nazr.

5. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I think that this is spot on. There doesn't seem to be a roster spot for him, but going through training camp with the team makes him a better injury fill in. He'll be one of the players I'll be watching closely in the preseason games.