Burnitz agrees to deal with Pirates, not O's

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rex Grossman 8, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Re: Burnitz agrees to deal with Pirates, not O's

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The free-agent outfielder, who according to The Associated Press had agreed to a deal with the Baltimore Orioles last week, has instead reportedly agreed to a deal with the Pittsburgh PiratesThe Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that Burnitz and the Pirates have agreed to terms on a one-year contract believed to be worth $6 million, with a mutual option for 2007.An Orioles source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told the AP last week that Burnitz had agreed to a deal that would pay the right fielder between $10 million and $12 million. The Baltimore Sun had also reported that an Orioles deal with Burnitz was close.However, Howard Simon, Burnitz's agent, told the Post-Gazette that no deal had been agreed to with the Orioles and that he had told reporters only that he was "staying in close touch" with Baltimore.The 36-year-old Burnitz hit .258 with 24 homers and 87 RBI with the Chicago Cubs last season.Burnitz has played for four teams in three years. The left-handed hitter has 299 career home runs, but he's also struck out 1,302 times.Burnitz played in 160 games last season with the Cubs. In 2004 with the Colorado Rockies, he had 37 homers and 110 RBI in 150 games.</div>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2278782

2. Brooksie5

Brooksie5 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Getting pretty old, but still has power in him. I can't wait to tell my cousin who is a BIG O's fan and was pretty happy when the O's "signed him".

3. DevinHester23

DevinHester23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I don't want to face him 18 times a year. He was a Cub killer when he was w/ the Brew Crew. [​IMG]