Business Cards

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by AgentDrazenPetrovic, Sep 17, 2008.

1. AgentDrazenPetrovic

AgentDrazenPetrovic Anyone But the Lakers

I need some new business cards printed up. I don't want cheap shit (i.e. vistaprint). Purpose is consulting. Professional yet modern and efficient. Also don't want to spend 2 bucks per card.

Thoughts on where to go?

The local print shop has shit card stock. I might just pony up for some Crane & Company.

ideally something like this, but 1/2 the cost?

http://www.crane.com/prdSellPersona...me=BP100-124BC_BlackStandardSizeBusinessCards

2. AgentDrazenPetrovic

bleh, i'll just go to the print shop and get some crazy shit. copy the card design here and use the thickest paper they have.

3. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

These days any print shop should be able to produce a high quality card - if you provide a high quality image.
    Bad font choice and low resolution are the things to avoid.

I just sorted the several hundred business cards that had been accumulating in my desk drawer, quite a project. Some of them I no longer remembered either the person or the company. E.g. what does Hillman & Harrison do? Are they lawyers, or electricians?

barfo

4. AgentDrazenPetrovic

Yeah, I was sorting through business cards today. I have a business card scanner, but even those kind of suck.

5. mook

mook The 2018-19 season was the best I've seen

Buy a recipe binder at CookbookPeople.com

funny--I don't really use business cards anymore at all. most of the time I'll just bookmark the company's site and put my contact's name in the bookmark title. that way I don't have to keep track if the company's name or phone or address changes, and I know exactly what they do.

I keep a notepad file for the few people I deal with who don't have a business card. ludites.

anyway, you are right on about design. I've probably designed 50 different business card layouts over the years.

I generally do full color designs--they cost a little more, but when you compare that cost to advertising in a newspaper, phone book or online, and you factor in what a great impression it can make, it's usually well worth it.

business cards are miniature ads for your company. you want it to create a great impression (even if they are almost always thrown away within a day).

6. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    Someone gave me a really cool business card. It a thin green mylar (see-thru plastic) with his name & logo on it. Awesome, simply awesome.

However, maybe get the cheap card and a top notch card holder. See to it people notice the card holder and it will make the card 'feel' classy.