Camby On The Move???

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by Serge, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

Looks like Denver will try to move Camby, because they be of the tax thingy. If those idiot don't get something really good for him, and just move him for the money those cheap bastards need to be fired how pathetic doing it for the money. The Knicks have no problem paying 120-130 Mill to there players, and sucking. So why can't the Nuggets pay less being good? AWFUL unless they get something good in a deal I sure hope this don't happen.They should send Camby+Martin+First go after Pau or JO.http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Nu...y?urn=nba,29552Anyway what you all thinking?

2. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Knicks have no problem paying 120-130 Mill to there players, and sucking. So why can't the Nuggets pay less being good?</div>You just answered your own question. Knicks suck and are in a stranglehold to get out of it because of tying themselves up in long term deals. And you want Nugs to do the same. How about thinking?

3. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Apr 18 2007, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You just answered your own question. Knicks suck and are in a stranglehold to get out of it because of tying themselves up in long term deals. And you want Nugs to do the same. How about thinking?</div>Umm Knicks suck and paying that money. Nuggets good and paying that money would be worth it. It is not wroth it when you suck, but when you will be good it is worth it so not sure what your talking about.

4. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Nuggets good and paying that money would be worth it. It is not wroth it when you suck, but when you will be good it is worth it so not sure what your talking about.</div>Nuggets are good to make the playoffs and do nothing. Nugs management should be able to see that and plan long term, unlike you and not kill their franchise going over the cap with a mediocre team.

5. Opal

Opal Active Member

:thumbdn1: I hope this doesn't happen.Looks like I am going to have to change my name again. [​IMG]

6. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

Camby is there defensive anchor, so I know they don't want to lose him. But its easy for you to sit here as a fan and say "they should pay the tax." But when those millions of dollars are out of your pocket, you have to be wise with spending it. Every NBA franchise is a business first...Anyway, I think Denver would take a huge hit defensively if the lose Camby (or at least whatever defense they have). But I've been reading some Denver fans opinions, and most of them feel they might as well trade him this summer if the right deal comes along. He has never been the most durable player in the world, and they want to trade him while his stock is still high.But, looking at who wrote the original article (or at least the one I read), I wouldn't look into this too much. Sam Smith isn't too reliable of a source, in my opinion. He probably just looked at Denver's cap situation, thought about who would be the movable player, and made up a report.

7. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Apr 17 2007, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Camby is there defensive anchor, so I know they don't want to lose him. But its easy for you to sit here as a fan and say "they should pay the tax." But when those millions of dollars are out of your pocket, you have to be wise with spending it. Every NBA franchise is a business first...Anyway, I think Denver would take a huge hit defensively if the lose Camby (or at least whatever defense they have). But I've been reading some Denver fans opinions, and most of them feel they might as well trade him this summer if the right deal comes along. He has never been the most durable player in the world, and they want to trade him while his stock is still high.But, looking at who wrote the original article (or at least the one I read), I wouldn't look into this too much. Sam Smith isn't too reliable of a source, in my opinion. He probably just looked at Denver's cap situation, thought about who would be the movable player, and made up a report.</div>I sure as hell hope so, without Camby we will be giving up 120+ a game, unless if we get another good defensive player.

8. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

I'd be so fu*kin happy if the Suns got him. KT + our 2 later 1sts for Camby? [​IMG] KT expires this year. When's Camby expire?

9. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Apr 18 2007, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nuggets are good to make the playoffs and do nothing. Nugs management should be able to see that and plan long term, unlike you and not kill their franchise going over the cap with a mediocre team.</div>Mediocre? Mediocre? Mediocre? [​IMG] okay now after laughing Only Dallas will be better then Denver next season. Spurs are getting old, and no one else will be as good except well maybe Suns, but Nash is getting up there in age he might slow down.They got AI to win, and they can win.Your just a hater.

10. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ Apr 18 2007, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'd be so fu*kin happy if the Suns got him. KT + our 2 later 1sts for Camby? [​IMG] KT expires this year. When's Camby expire?</div>Yeah riiiiiiiiiightttttttttttt LMAO they were talking Camby+ for JO, but Pacers said they are not looking to trade him.Like KT+2 sucky firsts will get Camby. [​IMG]

11. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Mediocre? Mediocre? Mediocre? [​IMG] okay now after laughing Only Dallas will be better then Denver next season. Spurs are getting old, and no one else will be as good except well maybe Suns, but Nash is getting up there in age he might slow down.They got AI to win, and they can win.I'm just a homer.</div>

12. ReaL23

ReaL23 BBW Member

I don't think Denver should trade Camby for nobody these days. Remember Camby's the defensive player of the year. I don't think there are many defensive players better than him or equal with Camby in the NBA. Maybe just Ben Wallace, Kevin Garnett, Jermaine O'Neal or Dwight Howard.

13. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

They have $60 million wrapped up in Iverson, Anthony, Nene and Martin next year. Makes things tough.

14. HoNgKoNgKoBe

HoNgKoNgKoBe BBW Elite Member

I think it would be better to ship off Kmart first. Since Kmart came to Denver he hasn't been the same as his days with the Nets. He's been constantly getting injured up with his knee a nd missing tons of games. Im not too sure about this, but I think he hasn't really been much of an effect to make the team better while there is Nene who is starting to come out.

15. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Apr 18 2007, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Mediocre? Mediocre? Mediocre? [​IMG] okay now after laughing Only Dallas will be better then Denver next season. Spurs are getting old, and no one else will be as good except well maybe Suns, but Nash is getting up there in age he might slow down.They got AI to win, and they can win.Your just a hater.</div>Dude............How could you call yourself a homer fan of the Nuggets when you live in Philly? In Philly you can only watch Philly sports and sports on National TV. I bet you dont have NBA League Pass and have only watched this team play like 10 times(estimation of Nugg games that have been nationally televised. That dewsawshit is down. Can you tell how you have this much knowledge of a team you barely see play?Ok Spurs are getting old. But they have the greatest PF in NBA history and an excellent coach. Manu can rack up 20 on any give night. Duncan can rack up 20/10 on any night. TP can put 20 on any night and then Finley will provide doiuble digit numbers off the bench. Then you have a shooter Brent Barry. Then you have smart defensive players such as TD, Bowen, and Horry. Then you have a one of the best teammates in the league Oberto. This team has to many chemistry to be terrible next season. If Camby leaves who is going to guard TD? Nene? :lol:Now the suns next year you have a full healthy team and after this year their chemistry will be even better. Amare will be older and is now going to be 100% and knows how to play and is comfortable in scoring again. Nash is becoming old but he hhas the skills still. Like I said chem is better and that means the offense will EVEN have MORE flow than this year. Barbosa and then you have a mprojected top 7 pick in this years draft that will help them in their main needs defense and a big man. YOu guys wont be able to hold onto them if you lose Camby.

16. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Apr 18 2007, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They have $60 million wrapped up in Iverson, Anthony, Nene and Martin next year. Makes things tough.</div>We will get rid of Martin, which gives us a little bit more room and then some small releases could let us have Camby...Not sure though, don't look at salaries that much but I am certain Martin gets a lot more.

17. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Would Nuggets fans takeTheo Ratliff (Contract expires after next year)Ryan Gomes (Contract expires after next year)forReggie Evans and Marcus Camby?I know it is a dropoff in talent but Gomes is shaping into a Shane Battier type of a player and this takes A LOT of cap relief off of Denver when it comes to resigning Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony

18. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

I think that is a decent deal, but I doubt Denver would take it unless there was some sort of pick involved. Iverson will probably sign for cheap if things workout with Denver, but they do need cap flexibility to sign solid players to build around that duo.I don't know if I would do that deal as the Denver GM, even though it is appealing to me personally.

19. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>We will get rid of Martin, which gives us a little bit more room and then some small releases could let us have Camby...</div><span style="font-family:Arial">How do you expect us to get rid of Kenyon Martin?</span>

20. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy Balla @ Apr 18 2007, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Dude............How could you call yourself a homer fan of the Nuggets when you live in Philly? In Philly you can only watch Philly sports and sports on National TV. I bet you dont have NBA League Pass and have only watched this team play like 10 times(estimation of Nugg games that have been nationally televised. That dewsawshit is down. Can you tell how you have this much knowledge of a team you barely see play?Ok Spurs are getting old. But they have the greatest PF in NBA history and an excellent coach. Manu can rack up 20 on any give night. Duncan can rack up 20/10 on any night. TP can put 20 on any night and then Finley will provide doiuble digit numbers off the bench. Then you have a shooter Brent Barry. Then you have smart defensive players such as TD, Bowen, and Horry. Then you have a one of the best teammates in the league Oberto. This team has to many chemistry to be terrible next season. If Camby leaves who is going to guard TD? Nene? :lol:Now the suns next year you have a full healthy team and after this year their chemistry will be even better. Amare will be older and is now going to be 100% and knows how to play and is comfortable in scoring again. Nash is becoming old but he hhas the skills still. Like I said chem is better and that means the offense will EVEN have MORE flow than this year. Barbosa and then you have a mprojected top 7 pick in this years draft that will help them in their main needs defense and a big man. YOu guys wont be able to hold onto them if you lose Camby.</div>haha I never called my self a homer? WTF you talking about? lolAnd actually I do have NBA league pass I followed Denver more then the Sixers after the AI deal, and I got Sixers season tickets, and went to every Sixers home game yet I followed Denver after the AI deal more then the Sixers so I know what I am talking about. Unlike some people who saw the loses, and thought AI/Melo were not able to play together when the fact was it was all the awful D and a little bench problem sometimes and not AI/Melo not working. I watch KL get better of the bench. I watch Nene since becoming a full time starter being pretty good and consistent and becoming worth his contract atleast a LITTLE.And for Spurs all those guys you said are what 30 or above except Parker. Manu I think is 30, Barry, Horry, Finley, TD also all 30+. Only Parker is under 30 who really is making a diff.Suns I agree with except Nash getting even older they still should be good. But Denver will be able to match up with Dallas+Suns I think next year and be able to play just as good.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Apr 19 2007, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial">How do you expect us to get rid of Kenyon Martin?</span></div>Umm if we don't try to get anything back really someone will take him for sure.And as for Boston deal who said that why would Boston need Camby? And nah I would not do that deal if I was Denver's gm.