Bogus! Can someone please explain...

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Jun 19, 2017.

1. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...why they are celebrating Lindor's words as something profound?...does he really think that Latinos are some sort of uniquely rare breed that "sticks together"?

...I gotta believe that most US citizen don't care for this sort of crap.

2. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired

Sounds Racist to me>

3. yankeesince59

...yeah, it kinda struck me the same way... but what also ticked me off is if you come to this country to better yourself and make ridiculous money don't turn around and imply that things are so great your country and how the people of your country are unique and have some sort of unity that citizens of the US are somehow devoid of.

4. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    At my workplace in Orlando there were many Hispanics most from Puerto Rico. I would hear them speak of how great PR was and I'd reply, couldn't have been that great you are here in the USA. Many of them would pull a "race card in a heartbeat' and one that worked in my area did it to keep his job. They'd bitch about speaking English and my reply to that on was people from PR are awarded citizenship English is the language of the country. There is nothing in writing about English being the "official" langue being English, could have been German but that's how it worked out. Do I think the Constitution should be amend to make English the official language no doubt. Do I recognize the contributions of Puerto Ricans to the U.S. Military no doubt, I served with them. I have a major pet peeve with ingrates, and those given the opportunity to come here and make millions playing a game have some. You may be able to play ball in your "home land" but you'll take a huge cut in pay if in fact you're paid at all. So cut the homey shit, do your job, and give something back to this country instead of crying about being disrespected.

5. yankeesince59

...^^^Bingo...not to mention that liberals have made it a requirement that our children take Spanish in school but look how many Latinos have been playing ball in this country and have yet to learn how speak English...kind of a double standard.

6. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    we tried to get our State Election Ballots, and every other State Form ie DMV, School books, et al in English text only. We voted on the ballot a decade ago, lost and now have 22 languages printed on all state forms, it's utterly disgusting, who still speaks ancient mandarin.....??? Or Swahili....?? Pig Latin anyone???