Can the Bulls win the Eastern Conference ?

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by FatJerry, Mar 6, 2011.

1. FatJerry

FatJerry Member

If they do they'll have the Pacers in Round 1 and Orlando ( over the Hawks ) in Round 2

To play Boston the Eastern Conference Finals who do:

Sixers in Round 1
    Knicks ( over the Heat ) in Round 2

And if this how it plays out I say we take the Celts down in the Eastern Conference Finals.

If we don't overtake the Celtics and win - I say the prediction /win order plays out the same :

Celts over Pacers then Magic and Bulls over Sixers then Knicks.

The Bulls then taking out the Celtics in the Finals

That's right ..... I see the Knicks taking out the Heat in Round 1

2. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The knicks match up well with the heat. Both teams need more help from their bench.

3. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

I don't see it. I think the Bulls would have to win at least 60 games and perhaps more to catch the Celtics. The Bulls are now three games behind the Celtics in the loss column and will not own the tie-breaker. Even if you assume that the Bulls will win the remaining home game against the Celtics, the men in green still have a much better conference record. That means that the Bulls have to make up four games on the Cs.

The Celtics are playing consistent basketball and the rest of their schedule is rather light. The toughest games are at San Antonio, home and away against the Knicks, at Miami, at Atlanta, at New Orleans, at Houston, and of course, at Chicago. There's not much there to trip them up.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  4. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Knicks have had the Bulls number this season, but that could be different with Anthony. If the Bulls win the conference, they will have to fight hard every single series, especially if they play the Knicks in the first round. It won't be a cakewalk by any stretch.

5. such sweet thunder

such sweet thunder Member Staff Member Moderator

There was some talk about this in the Bulls-Heat game thread. I think just about everyone here will agree with everything you've written. The one qualification is that me, and a couple of others I think, believe that Knicks aren't as a strong a matchup after the trade, even though they are a "better" team. Raymond Felton kills the Bulls. Rose struggles the most guarding quick point guards who can break him down off the dribble. D.J. Augustine is the worst cover for Rose, and second to him is Felton. The Knicks had the Bulls' number because Felton was able to get penetration every other play. That meant that the wings had to collapse. Toss Amare into the fold, who has been amazing all season, and the Bulls struggled to cover the three point line and the Knicks got as many open shots as they wanted.

With Billups and Carmelo in the fold that all changes. The Knicks definitely have a more complete offensive attack and are probably better on defense and the boards overall. But I don't anticipate that it will be near as effective against the Bulls. I'm looking forward to the series and kinda' hoping for the Kincks regardless. That feels like a great series in the making and tons of fun. Bring on the playoffs.

6. FatJerry

FatJerry Member

Bump.

I can only seeing us losing 2 more games over the next 12 to end up with 61 wins

Our "flip of a coin" games are Boston, Orlando and Knicks - and we'll win at least one of those 3 games.

The rest of our games should be road kill

Boston's flip of a coin games ( IMO ) are Memphis, San Antonio ( at Spurs ) Chicago ( at Bulls ) Atlanta ( at Hawks ) Miami ( at Miami ) and Knicks

I see them dropping at least 3 of these games on recent form - San Antonio and one of Chicago/Miami ... then one of Memphis/Atlanta/Knicks

We'll wind up at 61 and Celts will wind up at 60.

#1 is ours. Yep I'm calling it

7. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I think they can absolutely win the East. They're the best defensive team in basketball and are good enough offensively to do it. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if we at least made the ECF, because I think the only team that's good enough to beat the Bulls in a 7 game series in the East is Boston.

8. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

A simple yes. Our bench is solid. If no-one gets hurt, yes! I believe! I am drinking the kool-aid.

9. FatJerry

FatJerry Member

Bulls now with the break on the Celtics and the outright holder of the #1 seed

Fat Jerry ladies and gentlemen!

/ end bow

He's here all week try the veal

10. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    [video=youtube;nnqBxCUj1Hk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnqBxCUj1Hk[/video]

11. FatJerry

FatJerry Member

A little bit of shameless self promotion. Called this at the start of March and didn't get many takers on either board

I'm stoked that they are there

Knicks fell away and Heat have turned it up.

Bulls and Orlando in 2nd round and Boston and Miami

I'm still calling a Bulls Boston conference final

Bulls to play for a ring but losing to the Lakers