Can the Celtics beat the nets?

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by jbbKnicks, Feb 8, 2003.

1. jbbKnicks

jbbKnicks JBB JustBBall Member

We will probably see CELTICS VS NETS in the playoffs. I think the Celtics can win if Pierce and Walker both play good. Also the PG duo are pretty good players and can score. In my opinion for some reason I think the Celtics can beat the Nets.

2. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

If the celtics meet the nets in the playoffs they wont win unless someone helps out paul and antwan cause they cant win in the playoffs alone.

3. STING

STING JBB JustBBall Member

It is hard for a player to win by himself any game, but it is especially important for the supporting cast to play well in the playoffs. Last year the Celtics got alot of production from Kenny Anderson, and made it very far because of that. Shammond Williams and Tony Delk can both score, we know that. But if the Celtics want to get far in the playoffs, they will have to play together and work to get open shots, becuase there are not many other teams that can turn it on better than the Celts.

4. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Alley-oop":</div><div class="quote_post">If the celtics meet the nets in the playoffs they wont win unless someone helps out paul and antwan cause they cant win in the playoffs alone.</div>

well they kind of did last year. And lets face that was a very close series. after the memorial day breakdown i didnt the think the nets could pull it out. Theyll get contributions from bremer and co. i think the biggest factor will be if pierce and walker can be pierce and walker and not have a cold series like the christmas day game. its a tough call each team has blown out the other once this year but i think the celtics would win because the nets are still only as good as kidd makes them

5. Online

Online JBB JustBBall Member

That would be a cool and a fun game to watch in the playoffs!

6. jbbKnicks

jbbKnicks JBB JustBBall Member

If celtics can't beat the Pistons then they can't beat the Nets.

7. olskoolfunktitude

hmm....Im not sure they cant beat the pistons. they did last year quite easily.

8. XKalibuR

XKalibuR JBB JustBBall Member

that was last year. this year its different
    and no i dont think they can beat the nets or pacers or pistons

9. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

Sorry Celtic fans... But I think the Nets would win.

10. olskoolfunktitude

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "XKalibuR":</div><div class="quote_post">that was last year. this year its different
    and no i dont think they can beat the nets or pacers or pistons</div>

well it was last year but it wasnt that different. pistons fans are bias in their dislike of the celtics but a lot of people actually agree wiht u but as an impartial observer, the pistons are improved only slightly more than the celtics these arent two completelye knew teams were talking about and the difference in last years playoffs was so obvious it was of little contest. so maybe the celtics were a 6 last year and are a 7 or an 8 this year. the pistons were a 4 or a 5 and are now a 6 or a 7. the pistons improved more but the distance still remains. The pistons thou likely have a better chance against the celtics than the nets. im not sure the nets will win a playoff series this year.

11. NJNChampionship

NJNChampionship JBB JustBBall Member

sorry, nets are too good when they need it to get done

12. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

Phi_Slamma_Jamma JBB JustBBall Member

Gotta Go with the nets. After the Watching the Celtics play the Pistons a couple weeks back. I have never really trusted what they can do

13. olskoolfunktitude

what about when the nets lost by 40 to the kings. what about when the nets blew a 20 POINT LEAD in the 4th quarter to the celts in the reg season AND in the playoffs? this stuff means nothing. for every game that supports your point there seems to be another game or two that supprt mine.