Can the Jazz get any lower?

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by spark22, Jan 8, 2005.

1. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

11-23

Plain and simple that sucks, this is the team we was supposed to be last year. We have lost 8 games in a row, count that 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 games in a row. We have lost to the Bulls twice in one season. We lost to the Hornets, let me repeat that we lost to the New Orleans Hornets on the night that John Houston Stockton's jersey was retired. After starting 6-1, we are 5-22 after that. We have had so many close games, only to lose them. We lost two games in overtime, countless games we was winning or close at half-time only to lose the game. We have lost what Utah Jazz Basketball is all about; defense, heart, and hustle. Now we are playing me first, you second; but all it does it puts us all last in the standings. Is it too late? Have we slipped too far? I do not know. Are they any positives from this season? I guess a lottery pick would be one. I guess now I know what it feels to be a Clipper fan. If I were the average NBA fan, I guess I would be hunting a new team, but I am a Jazz fan. And a true Utah Jazz fan never jump ship after a bad game, week, month, or season. I do not care if they have Karl Malone or Michael Ruffin or Carlos Boozer starting at the 4, I will always an Utah Jazz fan.

On a happy note, Andrei Kirilenko is suposed to be back on the 15th against the Cavilers. [​IMG]

2. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Well it just got lower vs. the Bucks. Check the quarter by quarter score [​IMG] . The Jazz were playing selfish Basketball recently, they've improved, but there's still a way to go. As for slipping to far, I'd say so. Utah are now 11-24, 47 games remaining in the season. To make the playoffs in the West this season, you need at least 45 wins. So Utah must go 34-13 to have a good chance at making the playoffs. If Kirilenko can get this team to the playoffs, Kirilenko for MVP [​IMG] . Positives from the season? Not many, but Boozer has silenced the 'can't play in the West' critics by averaging almost 20/10. Mehmet Okur has shown signs of becoming a consistent double double guy. Kirilenko in limited games has shown he is simply a shot blocking freak. The rookies Kris Humphries and Kirk Snyder play well when given minutes. Keith McLeod has shown he Utah and the league that he can play. Utah should get a good pick in the draft, and Chris Paul would be a great addition if Utah got lucky. But the way Utah's luck is going, I'm guessing that Kirilenko will return, Jazz will turn around and finish with 35-40 wins, getting a late lottery pick.