Canadian National team vs Korea

Discussion in 'International Basketball' started by Celtic Fan, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

what tha??? we're losing by 12 at the end of the 2nd quarter to Korea as they've hit 9 of 14 threes?!?!
    12 TO's in the 1st half
    Dalembert is not playing, supposedly because of a disagreement?!?!

whoops make that 14 points... gawd

is there any hope for the Canadian National team???

2. binz

binz ... Staff Member Global Moderator GFX Team

I just missed it but Team Canada won! Must have been a crazy comeback. Can't wait to see the hi-lights.

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

They won? I was listening to a radio update on the way to the train station and they said they'd fallen back to a 10 point deficit after mounting a big comeback. This Dalembert shit is friggin' ridiculous.

4. binz

binz ... Staff Member Global Moderator GFX Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Canada's Olympic hopes in basketball are still alive following a last minute win over South Korea Wednesday at the FIBA Olympic qualifying tournament in Greece.

Canada stormed back from an 18 point deficit and hung on for a 79-77 win to advance to Friday's quarterfinal.</div>

http://tsn.ca/olympics/story/?id=243527&am...s=topStory_main

5. Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (justsick03 @ Jul 16 2008, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just missed it but Team Canada won! Must have been a crazy comeback. Can't wait to see the hi-lights.</div>
    no way!! I saw it with just 3 mins to go and they were down 10.. I had to leave for work.. crazy.

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

I just read through the National Post's live blog and it looks like we owe our asses to Barrett. He was the only Canadian consistently making plays throughout the game.

We need Dalembert for the rest of this tournament though, or this win will be pointless.

7. Celtic Fan

yeah barrett was playing well, but the whole team didn't defend the 3 pt shot worth a damn. How the hell can you let them hit so many 3's???

8. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

That was the scouting report on the Koreans heading into the game: they shoot the 3-ball frequently and accurately. You have to wonder what was going through their heads to completely neglect that fact. It looks like they figured out towards the end however, because they completed the comeback with consecutive defensive stops.

We're facing either Croatia or Puerto Rico this Friday. Croatia's without Roko Ukic (because of his negotiations with the Raps), so I'd rather face them.

9. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

Hell of a damn good game. Huge motivation for our next game.

I guess Dalembert is done from Team Canada already. He was whining about not getting the ball more. Jeeze.