Canzano still thinks Oregon isn't proven...

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Targus, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    Canzano following in the footsteps of Holtz and company? He's a little late to the game. I thought Oregon had "proven" they could play with bigger and more physical teams with their win over Stanford.

While I agree, #1 needs to bring it every week and USC on the road is huge, I'm left troubled by what a "chip" Clown-o has on his shoulder towards Oregon. After he covered the Masoli, James issues over the summer, he told Kelly he couldn't wait to have this all pass, so he could get back to reporting the positives.

Guess we're still waiting... All the two-bit reporter has is, "Oregon is good, but..."

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2010/10/canzano_usc_will_reveal_oregon.html

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I don't know why anyone would take him seriously at this point.

Honestly, I've never understood why organizations (college or pro) give credentials to asshole reporters. They don't HAVE to. When the Oregonian was sniping the Blazers every minute of every day, I thought the organization had nothing to lose by taking away their creds. What are they going to do? Write negative things? ooooooo scary. It hurts the Oregonian more than the Blazers if their reporters aren't in the locker room. I think it's the same way with the Ducks. I'd yank his creds and tell him to shove it up his ass.

3. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    It was rumored that Bellotti refused to speak or interview with Can because of Can's lack of respect and the way he pretended to have "inside" informants while just making making stuff up. Some of it might have resulted from a situation where Can claimed an intoxicated Mrs. Bellotti assaulted him. HA! The little weenie got exposed with witnesses said Mrs. Bellotti had a wine in her hand was was walking when Can stepped in front of her to get a statement, blocking her path. She used her shoulder to get by him. Then, the weenie cries about it... What a joke. Rumors, of course. Rumors from good sources. :)

Can is lucky Chip gives him the time of day. I wouldn't.

4. Natebishop3

He's cut from the cloth of Jim Rome, but even Romey has calmed down a ton. Canzano just keeps on trucking as the biggest asshole in sports journalism.

5. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Oh yes, I remember that. Canzano was pinning her down interrogating her in the press box about the lack of attention the story about Luke Bellotti's DUI's were recieiving in the Eugene media.

Between Belotti and Kent, it has been apparent that Canzano has some kind of vendetta against UO for awhile now.

6. Natebishop3

I don't think it's a vendetta.... I think it's along the same lines as Bill Simmons and the Blazers. He knows the Ducks are a hot topic in Oregon, and anything controversial means lots of readers.

7. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    He didn't try and pick apart OSU's baseball team when they were a national power. I rarely see him using any kind of negatives regarding the Beavers. I think the Phil Knight thing and the fact that Oregon is a priviliged University when it comes to facilities and its easy write an article bashing them. Not as many storylines with the Mike Riley and the uneventful, yet usually solid OSU Beavs.

I think he starts to believe the fluff in his columns though and they rub off on his personal opinion. Its like an addict who gets too deep in a substance.

8. Natebishop3

Oh, I totally think he has a bit of a god complex.