Career Ambitions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by NTC, Feb 27, 2007.

1. NTC

NTC Active Member

What are your career ambitions?

I dropped out of High School, and really for the last couple of years, I've had no clue what it is I want to do with my life, but over the last 6 or so months, I've finally settled on what I want to be, a Police Officer.

I have a strong passion for helping people out, and I have had some bad experiences within my family relating to Drug Abuse and what not, so I would like to help try and get people out of and away from that lifestyle. Eventually, I would like to make detective, and work Homicide cases and do Undercover work etc. but I'm not going to get too far ahead of myself, lol.

I'm still a year or 2 away from this goal, I need to undertake some study at Tafe (preferbally in the Justice field) and I need to firstly get my Provisional drivers licence, then keep that for a year, although it should tie in nicely with the completion of my studies, but I'm working on it.

So yeah, what do you guys have planned for your future? What would you like to be?

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

FBI Agent...eventually, I want to be a criminal profiler.

3. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    artist, photographer, director, editor.

4. Bahir

Bahir User power factor: ∞

Being a cop sound kind of cool, one of my buddies is trying to convince me to join the police academy with him. I can't see myself sitting behind a desk for the rest of my life, and if I were to become a cop then I'd get to be out and do some fun stuff (although there is a lot of paperwork to be done when you are a cop too).

Of course, the coolest thing would be to be a special agent of some sort, but when you live in Sweden and there is no known equivalent to FBI, CIA and all of those other agencies, there is not much hope for that.

5. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

I'm going towards an arts degree now, with a minor in Business Management. The minor is a back up for some good money, but my major is where my heart and soul is at. I love the arts.

6. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Right now, I'm in the process of working towards a Journalism degree and I'd love to be a sports writer or broadcaster some day.

7. bronbron23

bronbron23 JBB JustBBall Member

If I get the grades I will be in London in September taking a Computer Science Degree with one year work experience so hopefully my future will involve computers.

Though I always wanted to study history at Universtiy.

8. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Right now, I'm in the process of working towards a Journalism degree and I'd love to be a sports writer or broadcaster some day.</div>

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I want to attend the University of Florida because they have a good Journalism program. After college, I would love to be a sports writer or a beat writer for an NBA team.

9. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

i'm probably going to go into something medical i'm leaning towards dentistry my mom wants me to follow her footsteps and be a doctor though

10. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Journalist. NBA/Sports Writer for the NBA or NBA team. I'm in my last year of school, though I'm currently in some big trouble. The Journalism programs I've applied to here will definitely help me if/when I get in, as the internship in the 4th year is really a great experience and gets you well connected.

11. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">P.A.P. Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Journalist. NBA/Sports Writer for the NBA or NBA team. I'm in my last year of school, though I'm currently in some big trouble. The Journalism programs I've applied to here will definitely help me if/when I get in, as the internship in the 4th year is really a great experience and gets you well connected.</div>
    Where'd you apply to? Ryerson and Carleton I'd believe?

12. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    I'm going to get at least a Master's degree in Physics.

13. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Locke Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Where'd you apply to? Ryerson and Carleton I'd believe?</div>

Carleton (not getting in), Ryerson, Guelph at Humber (program opened about 5 years ago), U of T at Scarborough and Humber College for Journalism.

14. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

I'm going to be a rock star.

15. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

Was: Actor
    Goal: Musician (producer) - make hip-hop and dance tracks

you have to follow your passion whatever it is - DON'T choose something because it's safe you'll never be truly happy....

16. Notorious

Notorious JBB Fear is Death

Well, im still in middle school, but i have sort of an outline of what i want to do.
    I want to go to college (durr) and i really like UCLA, but i think you need a 4.0, so id need to take AP classes to get that(cause im not perfect) Then i want a double major in Kineseology(the study of muscles) and Graphics Design, so i can become a Sports Trainer or Designer. Thats just what i think right now, no duh its probably going to change as it goes on.

17. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

I want to be an Accountant.

18. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

<div class="quote_poster">Voodoo Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'm going to be a rock star.</div>

[​IMG]

But if that doesn't work out, I'll be a sports writer or bear researcher/writer. [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Sports journalist.

20. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

[​IMG]
    Everyone is going to be a sports journalist. It sounds pretty cool.