Carlos Boozer planning NBA return

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by truebluefan, Jul 3, 2016.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

After a season away from the NBA, two-time All-Star Carlos Boozer is eager to continue his career next season.

Boozer, 34, has been working out in Miami throughout the past year and hopes there’s an opportunity in a bench role and mentoring environment on a team in the 2016-17 season.
    “The previous season with the Lakers was a tough year,” Boozer told the Vertical. “Kobe [Bryant] got hurt, Steve Nash went down and we had a young group still learning to win. I ended up taking the next year off, spent time with my kids and family and right now my body feels great. I feel terrific.

“I have been working out hard all year, and I miss the game. I want to play again.”

Boozer says he’s been working out five to six days a week and believes that his body has benefited from the rest of a year away from the league’s grind. As free agency plays out, Boozer hopes that he and his agent, Rob Pelinka, can identify potential contending teams that could use him as a big man off the bench – and a mentor for younger players.

- See more at: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/carlos...return-185530263.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma