Carlos Boozer

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by nextCAVSowner, Feb 4, 2004.

1. nextCAVSowner

nextCAVSowner JBB JustBBall Member

Who is the man??? Booze or James???

Ok im gonna throw out this question for u all. who can you count on to put up the numbers everynight on a consistant basis booze or james. to tell u the truth i think booze got snubbed more than james for the all-star game. name 6 pf better than boozer in the nba. i know u have garnett,duncan, O'neil, webber but he is always injured, sheeref, wallace/ not many and u can argue after the top 3. james is putting up great numbers and if he dont score he is passing the ball. but right now i think booze is the best player on the team! the team is 1-6 with boozer out of the lineup the team is like 3-1 with james out............

2. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

Zach Randolph, Lamar Odom...

Boozer missed 8 games early in the season and didn't really catch fire until 3 weeks ago. The Cavs just aren't going to get all star respect while they have a losing record.

Next year, if the Cavs are 29-19 instead of 19-29, Lebron and Boozer will be all stars, assuming they are playing at the same level or higher.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Elton Brand?

I would easily go w/ Bron, Boozer is a nice assett yes, but Bron makes the people around him better.

4. OgShowtime

OgShowtime JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Q Rich3:</div><div class="quote_post">Elton Brand?

I would easily go w/ Bron, Boozer is a nice assett yes, but Bron makes the people around him better.</div>

THANK YOU!!! Elton Brand* is number three in the league right now at the four spot. Nowitzki, Rahim, Randolph and Boozer aren't too far behind him. Yeah, Booz got snubbed for the all-star game, but so did LeBron. Right now, this team's leader is Carlos Boozer. That might not be the popular vote, but he's the proven pro who has been there every night for the Cavs. LeBron is going to have his struggles and off games now and then, but Boozer is as solid and steady as they come. After a couple of seasons LeBron will be ready to be the team leader, right now I feel that Boozer has that spot based on age and overall production.

* the asterisk is due to Webber's absence, when he comes back he is number three.

5. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Boozer is consistant but he is pretty much the dump man for the Cavs. There are no offensive plays that revolve around him and he pretty much gets everything done himself. On the other hand, LeBron is the one that the offense is runned by. He makes plays he scores the ball, he rebounds and he finishes breaks. LeBron is the man.

6. Glen Infante

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">name 6 pf better than boozer in the nba.</div>

K. Garnett
    J. O'neil
    K. Martain
    E. Brand
    T. Duncan
    L. Odom
    S. Abdur-Rahim
    K. Malone

...Wait I think I passed 6.

7. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

KG, Duncan, Nowitzki

I leave it at that. Boozer's last 9 games...

22.6 points and 14.6 rebounds

He has had games against Shaq, Ben Wallace, the warm Kwame Brown, and AK47 in this stretch.

His FG% has not changed either, in fact has been better, still in that mid 50% range while shooting over 75% from the FT line.

Is it a stretch? Is it Carlos just reaching a new level? Fun watching and finding out.

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Great player? Yes. Future All Star? Definately. All Star this year? No chance.

I love Booz to death, I love the way he goes about his basketball, but he's not an All Star this year. Selection is based on what you have done the entire season, not just in a certain stretch, and in that regard JO, Reef, Martin and Odom are all ahead of him in the All Star queue this season. I'd put Booz on the Donyell Marshall level; consistent, capable of big games, but hasn't done enough to earn the spot this season, especially on a team with a losing record (I know there are factors regarding this, but it's still a losing record on paper when the coaches vote).

Are there six power forward in the league better than Boozer currently? No doubt. Will there be this time next year? Perhaps not.

9. Glen Infante

10. Amherstcavsfan

Amherstcavsfan JBB JustBBall Member

[quote name='Sir Desmond']I love Booz to death, I love the way he goes about his basketball, but he's not an All Star this year. Selection is based on what you have done the entire season, not just in a certain stretch, and in that regard JO, Reef, Martin and Odom are all ahead of him in the All Star queue this season. I'd put Booz on the Donyell Marshall level; consistent, capable of big games, but hasn't done enough to earn the spot this season, especially on a team with a losing record (I know there are factors regarding this, but it's still a losing record on paper when the coaches vote).

11. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Amherstcavsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">
    The Thing is Boozer has been doing this the whole season, he missed 6 games or else he could have 26+ double doubles a game. I would never, ever put Boozer and Donyell Marshall on the same level ever.</div>

There are no what if or If he didn't miss # games.Look at Ray Allen he got injured and he still got in to the all-star games.

But i think Boozer has potential to be a futur all-star but not know.There are a lot more better PF than him.He's been having some good games but i don't know if he can keep this up.

12. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

Being probaly the biggest LeBron fan in here i will be the first to say that LeBron is still a rookie and still puts up ok numbers one night i.e 12 the other day and then 32 i.e so his scoring is a little inconsistent last night so that statement is a little off. Boozer however is a completly different story, he has become one of the better players in the league and is by far the best Duke player to come out of his draft class

13. Glen Infante

I hope the Dukie curse doesn't come upon him. Other wise yes he will be an All-Star year after year.

14. CANT STOP ME

You just had to bring up the duke curse!!!

15. Glen Infante

Of course I did. How can't you? The biggest dissapointments come from that college.

16. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Boozer deserved to be in the allstar game but brand deserved it more. I think he deserved it more than KMart, Boozer plays a vital role for this team without him they would be nowhere. These are the PF's ahead of Boozer IMO.
    1)KG
    2)Tim Duncan
    3)Elton Brand
    4)Lamar Odom
    5)Jermaine Oneal
    6) The Mailman

17. CANT STOP ME

Thats not very nice to put Karl Malone ahead of boozer malone barley played any games this season

18. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CANT STOP ME:</div><div class="quote_post">Thats not very nice to put Karl Malone ahead of boozer malone barley played any games this season</div>

And Odom is no PF, he just plays there because he has to, just like James at the 2.

19. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting L.Sooch:</div><div class="quote_post">Boozer deserved to be in the allstar game but brand deserved it more. I think he deserved it more than KMart, Boozer plays a vital role for this team without him they would be nowhere. These are the PF's ahead of Boozer IMO.
    1)KG
    2)Tim Duncan
    3)Elton Brand
    4)Lamar Odom
    5)Jermaine Oneal
    6) The Mailman</div>

Reef, AK, K-Mart, Randolph are all ahead of him. I agree with the notions on Odom and Mailman, but props to Lamar for his fine job at PF.

20. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">Reef, AK, K-Mart, Randolph are all ahead of him. I agree with the notions on Odom and Mailman, but props to Lamar for his fine job at PF.</div>

Reef never wins and Boozer has had a better 2 years than Randolph IMO.