Cavaliers Trading Thread

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by jbbKing James, Jan 5, 2004.

1. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Cavs GM Jim Paxon has been burning up the phone lines and dangling Zydrunas Ilgauskas as bait. Here are the players that are primary targets/being offered in these trade talks.

<u>The Suspects</u>

[​IMG] | Michael Finley | G | Dallas Mavericks

[​IMG] | Antawn Jamison | F | Dallas Mavericks

[​IMG] | Wally Szczerbiak | G/F | Minnesota Timberwolves

[​IMG] | Stromile Swift | F | Memphis Grizzlies

[​IMG] | Keith Van Horn | F | New York Knicks

[​IMG] | Shareef Abdur Rahim | F | Atlanta Hawks

[​IMG] | Rasheed Wallace | F | Portland Trail Blazers

Please post comments, opinions, and suggestions here. If you hear a hot rumor and can provide evidence that this case is legit, please contact detective KJ via PM.

Thanks for your cooperation, together we can make the world a better place.

2. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

Damn, that's a nice bunch of players to choose from, but I would go for Wally Szczbiak, Michael Finley, Troy Hudson or Antawn Jamison.

3. Gameday77

Gameday77 JBB JustBBall Member

actually based on the suns/knicks trade (S. marbury to the knicks) that just went down looks like suns are throwing in the towel and rebuilding for the future. We need to offer the suns Z and miles for amare stoudemire so we can have an athletic Power big man to go with lebron. Can u imagine his inside presence in a cavs uniform? wow.

4. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

I think Carlos Boozer is the man we need, so why trade Z and Miles for another powerforward? [​IMG]

5. LocoArts

LocoArts JBB JustBBall Member

ok I found these articles

Ollie & Miles for.. Juwan Howard & Gordon Giricek from the Magic
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/banks/cst-spt-banx04.html

"*The Cavaliers recently offered the Orlando Magic forward Darius Miles and guard Kevin Ollie for forwards Juwan Howard and Gordon Giricek, figuring the Magic wanted to unload the $34 million remaining on Howard's contract and is desperate for a point guard. But the Magic's acquisition of free agent Rod Strickland appears to have killed those talks."

**HEY it might be Dead BUT Kevin Ollie's name has come up! I dont blame then I would trade him too!! WHY pay him all that money.. right now we can get off the street Mark Jackson!

------

Zydrunas Ilgauskas for Wally Szczerbiak

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketba...8p-133476c.html

"Minnesota has always liked Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and since making a huge mistake by signing Michael Olowokandi, the Wolves like the Cavs' big man even more. They might be willing to part with Wally Szczerbiak, who'd thrive with LeBron James as a No.2 scoring option. But as unhappy as Ilgauskas is with Paul Silas now, this is a deal that may not come off until this summer. "

** I might do this Trade for Z.. we need a outside shooter.

-----
    * D Miles looks like the guy they want to get rid of NOW! Quickly too!
    http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?...99146160590.xml

"The Cavs seem to be the most active team in trade talks lately, partly because they're desperate to rid themselves of future free agent DARIUS MILES (Four DNP-CDs in the last week), and partly because teams ume that ZYDRUNAS ILGAUSKAS is no longer a part of their plans after being benched last week.

When the Knicks visit Cleveland Tuesday night, they might get the season's first look at Jersey guy DAJUAN WAGNER, who is now practicing without a knee brace......"

Thats all I found so far

6. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

The Cavs NEED Wally imho.

7. LocoArts

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Gameday77:</div><div class="quote_post">actually based on the suns/knicks trade (S. marbury to the knicks) that just went down looks like suns are throwing in the towel and rebuilding for the future. We need to offer the suns Z and miles for amare stoudemire so we can have an athletic Power big man to go with lebron. Can u imagine his inside presence in a cavs uniform? wow.</div>

I'd Trade:

Z, D.Miles & our 1st & 2nd Picks in the 2004 Draft

for...

Amare Stoudemire

(remember those 2004 Picks are going to be probably in the top 4 or 5)

I'd do it!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">The Cavs NEED Wally imho.</div>

But I'd do Z for Wally too [​IMG]

8. Gameday77

yeha i have 2 admit wally would be a nice addition on our roster but i'd play him at the 3 position and keep wagner and lebron at the 2 and 1.

9. Glen Infante

What would you do w/ Amare? put him in the 5 spot?

10. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">What would you do w/ Amare? put him in the 5 spot?</div>

Getting Amare would be a wet dream, I just don't see it taking place. As fas as him and the 5 spot, he can get the job done in the East, and aside of Shaq and Yao, who does not have 2 PF's up front anyway, ya know?

11. Glen Infante

well said.

12. LocoArts

After The Trade for Amare:

1: Lebron/Ollie
    2: D Wag/Brown
    3: Amare/Williams
    4: Booze/Battie/Williams
    5: Battie/Diop

Hey I would find a place for Amare! [​IMG]

13. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting LocoArts:</div><div class="quote_post">1: Lebron/Ollie
    2: D Wag/Brown
    3: Amare/Williams
    4: Booze/Battie/Williams
    5: Battie/Diop</div>

[​IMG] Amare would start at center with Diop backing him up.

Lets not get into this, it ain't gonna happen.

14. Glen Infante

putting Amare in the SF position would be ridiculous. He's too big and doesn't hold the aspects for that spot. He rebounds and he is an inside threat. He's a 4-5 player. BTW Phoenix just made a trade. a huge one at that. so getting rid of Amare is pretty much out of the question for the Suns.

15. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

I hear people talkin of Shawn "matrix" Marion being traded, so why would the Suns make another trade and loose there only All-Star potential left..They might do it if Matrix doesnt leave, but its still a stupid idea Amare isnt fit for the 3 spot,like someone said earlier hes a 4-5.
    I think that Z would be a better deal for Wally Sczerbiak(spelling). Wally is a crazy player he's only been playin for i think 3 or 4 years and hes already been an allstar.
    Wally,LeBron,DWagner,Boozer, and Diop would be an awsome team. Maybe even a playoff team if Wally gets better in time.

16. LocoArts

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] Amare would start at center with Diop backing him up.

Lets not get into this, it ain't gonna happen.</div>

Damn is he that big of a player! wow [​IMG] I dont see many West Coast Games/Teams

Sure if he is a 4/5 Player more then a 3.. cool!!! Hey with talent like that I think Lebron is the only player above him if he came to the cavs! sooo everyone else would take a backseat

Amare can play [​IMG]

17. Gameday77

[quote name='LocoArts']Damn is he that big of a player! wow [​IMG] I dont see many West Coast Games/Teams

yes he is that big. he is a beast in the middle remind me of chris webber sometimes.

18. LocoArts

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Gameday77:</div><div class="quote_post">[quote name='LocoArts']Damn is he that big of a player! wow [​IMG] I dont see many West Coast Games/Teams

yes he is that big. he is a beast in the middle remind me of chris webber sometimes.</div>

You know whats funny is he is just as good as Lebron.. BUT there was NO PR Machine working for him comin out of Highschool??

[​IMG]

19. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

From another site I post on, there's been talk of a Z and filler to Atlanta for Jason Terry and Theo Ratliff.

Miles to the Knicks for Frank Williams and Othella Harrington also seems to be popular.

20. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Darius Miles For Frank Williams,Othella Harrington?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Frank Williams, the one-time point guard of the future, may soon be a thing of the past.

With Stephon Marbury running the offense, it means fewer, and possibly no minutes for Williams, who was promoted into the starting lineup just two weeks ago. But with Marbury now the starter, Moochie Norris a backup and even Penny Hardaway capable of playing the point, the Knicks, according to a league official, are looking to trade Williams.

Williams, selected by the Knicks in the first round of the 2002 draft, did not play in last night's 107-96 loss.

Team president Isiah Thomas is not finished dealing, and there is a possibility that he will package Williams with another player, perhaps Michael Doleac or Othella Harrington. One source said the package could possibly be for Cleveland's Darius Miles. The way Thomas is going, he could probably convince the Lakers to take the package and give the Knicks Shaquille O'Neal.
    </div>

Full Story