Cavs @ Clippers

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by og15, Nov 29, 2004.

1. og15

og15 JBB *********

<u>Halftime</u>

So far the game has been good, Brand was just dominating, using his array of post moves, and he has I think 18 points at the half. He also had the nice pin block on Newble, I wasn't sure who blocked the shot at first, but they gave it to Brand.

Wilcox has also been doing well, he has 8 points and more importantly 7 rebounds. Jaric is having another big game with 12 points and 7 assists, I think having Jaric and Brunson in together so Jaric can guard 2's but also still run the offense is working out very well in terms of what we have right now. Brunson has a little too many turnovers though, he made a questionable pass to Wilcox on that one break.

Everyone is playing well, Dunleavy was really spreading the minutes around, so everyone is getting a chance to play, the team is running the break, and moving the ball like they've been this season.

I liked how Mikki played Ilguaskas for the most part, and he also had the nice little hook and the jumper before the quarter ended. Lebron was pulling off a few travel's lol

Also, why was CMag wearing a wife beater?

2. skape

skape JBB JustBBall Member

Hahahaha....I just listened to the game this time and I was at the 3rd quater when they started to catch up. I was so hyped up and the Clips came back to curb serve em LA style....hahaha.

Do you think this is a new Clippers? I've been liking how they played...everybody is all cool and unselfish....it's like family with no real stars and everyone is a considered winner on the team....

I don't care what peeps say....I think this is a new Clips from past years....

I go to school in San Diego and on the 11 o'clock news they still don't get any respect...the sports guy is all bias against them....I mean, at least show the highlights when they win at least...none....I prolly won't see the highlights for this game tonight as well cause they some bustaz like that.......hahahahha....

yo og15, it's real cool and nice to see you put up these posts everytime they have games.... peace homie.

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

This was just a great game vs the Cavs, the team played very good defense, and the ball movement on offense, and the sharing of the ball was just great.

Brand had a few turnovers while doing his crossover and drive move, and also another when he stole the ball from Ilguaskas and Ilguaskas stole it back, but overall he had a great game. He played Ilguaskas very well, and didn't back down from him, and played good defensively.
    Brand had 33 points, 5 rebound, 6 assists, and 2 blocks, and he shot 12-22.

Mikki Moore had 2 thunderous dunks, and was the energizer as usual, he was also playing great help defense, and the team was trapping, and forcing the Cavs to use a lot of clock which forced bad shots, turnovers, or the wrong person shooting in the 4th quarter. Wilcox was also playing well, and he was good on the defensive glass, he hurt his finger though and didn't play down the stretch.
    Mikki had 13 points, and 3 rebounds, and Wilcox had 8 points and 11 rebounds.

Bobby Simmons was also instrumental in the 4th quarter explosion as he just caught fire and hit 3 shots, some free throws, and also had a dunk on the break after Jaric made a nice play defensively, that was the catalyst.
    Simmons had 17 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 assists, and also got his 3rd straight triple double. Jaric also had his second straight with 16 points, and 11 assists.

Quintin Ross was cutting really well in this game, he had a basket, and some free throws just from cutting and recieving the pass, he was also playing well defensively, and the whole team just did it on defense.

Without Maggette the team is moving the ball even better, and they've been better defensively, CMag needs to improve his defensive intensity, and also not force it on offense like's he's currently been doing. It's even hurting his numbers and if he let's it come to him more he should get back up to 20 PPG.

Clippers: 9-6

EDIT: I have to give props to Rick Brunson as the backup PG also, he's not some super talented or athletic guy, really he's very low in those areas, but he plays the game well, protects the ball [had some errors today but nothing big], does what he's supposed to do, nothing else, and is a good change from Dooling and House, the SG's, and Doug Overton, Brunson's Bull buddy.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">yo og15, it's real cool and nice to see you put up these posts everytime they have games.... peace homie.</div>
    No problem, the team is defiantely different this year, people aren't just looking to pad stats and get a new contract, they're playing to win, and everyone trusts each other on the floor, it's just great.

4. ChipDWood

ChipDWood JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">This was just a great game vs the Cavs, the team played very good defense, and the ball movement on offense, and the sharing of the ball was just great.

Brand had a few turnovers while doing his crossover and drive move, and also another when he stole the ball from Ilguaskas and Ilguaskas stole it back, but overall he had a great game. He played Ilguaskas very well, and didn't back down from him, and played good defensively.
    Brand had 33 points, 5 rebound, 6 assists, and 2 blocks, and he shot 12-22.</div>

Just so ya know, Brand gets a nod from me tomorrow on the All-Star ballot for what he did tonight. Course, I vote everday, but I think the point is made.

Props to the Clips, and here's to hoping they can keep making it legit.

These aren't your Papa's Clippers.

Chip D. Wood

5. NickVanExel

NickVanExel JBB JustBBall Member

Tonight was a great game for the Clips beating a very hot team right now and just shutting down Lebron. Elton had a great game dropping 30 points and I got to give props to Marko Jaric for getting 11 dimes! WoW! He is really stepping up and it is well needed because Livingston and Chalmers are the only other pG's and they can't even play right now! Overall, great game from the Clips and I hope they can keep it up.

GAME MVP:
    ELTON BRAND 30 points, 5 rebounds

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
    Marko Jaric 16 points 11 assists
    Bobby Simmons 17 pts,10 rebounds
    Mikki Moore 13 points
    Bobby Simmons 17 pts,10 rebounds

6. ChipDWood

ChipDWood JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NickVanExel:</div><div class="quote_post">Tonight was a great game for the Clips beating a very hot team right now and just shutting down Lebron.</div>

Yes yes, props to ya too. I knew it would be tough. Gotta be something said for shutting LeBron down. Not an easy thing to do. Dude only had 22 points, 7 rebounds, 5 dimes, 6 steals, and a block.

Think about that... that is shutting him down... go figure [​IMG].

Chip

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

I know, seriously Lebron has just exploded into the scene this year, I mean if shutting him down is him shooting 47%, that's also good, but the important thing was when they shut him down, which was during the 4th quarter, great game overall, I don't know who's next in line to get TREADMILLED by the Clippers.

8. showtimerevival

showtimerevival JBB JustBBall Member

good to see the clippers finally doing well...impressive game vs. the cavs tonight, kept everyone under a relative amount of control...lebrons just gonna do his thing and z is too big to not score 15...but other than those 2 the clippers did a great job shutting the rest down

and damn, how bout mikki moore coming out of nowhere this season...

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

Mikki's definately been doing his thing all year, fans in Utah liked him too though, he's a energy guy, runs the floor well, good help defender, and I love the dunks, great at cutting off the pick and roll.

His dunk and 1 was just nice.

10. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Jaric is definately starting to come into his own an an NBA playmaker. He's always shown glimpses of talent, but has never been able to put it together consistently. Guys like Simmons and Wilcox don't stop moving on offense, and it's showing in Marko's assists column.

11. og15

og15 JBB *********

Add Mikki Moore and Quintin Ross to that too, these guys just keep cutting and running all over the place, and the whole team knows how to run the break, Wilcox will always lead the pack with Jaric and Simmons, and if they can't find anything, Brand comes in while the opposing team is relaxing, and can get an easy layup, it's just great.

12. NickVanExel

NickVanExel JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ChipDWood:</div><div class="quote_post">Yes yes, props to ya too. I knew it would be tough. Gotta be something said for shutting LeBron down. Not an easy thing to do. Dude only had 22 points, 7 rebounds, 5 dimes, 6 steals, and a block.

Think about that... that is shutting him down... go figure [​IMG].

Chip</div>

HAHA, thats how good that guy is man.