Cech says sorry for Arsenal blunder

Discussion in 'Chelsea FC' started by CelticKing, Dec 17, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Chelsea goalkeeper Cech says sorry for Arsenal blunder</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

LONDON (AFP) - Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech said there was no-one to blame but himself for the mistake that presented Premier League leaders Arsenal with a 1-0 victory over their London title rivals.

Arsenal's win kept them a point clear of Manchester United at the top of the table and six ahead of third-placed Chelsea.

But their decisive goal at the Emirates Stadium came about when former Chelsea defender William Gallas headed in after Cech completely misjudged the flight of a Cesc Fabregas corner the Czech Republic keeper should have caught.

"It is difficult and for me I am disappointed because, in the end, the game was decided by my mistake," Cech said. "It was a mistake from me. There is no explanation or excuse. It was a simple as that.

"This is the part of the game. You play in these big games with this passion. These are the best games to play in and you always want to do your best. I love this type of game, but will not remember this one as one of the best ones.

"You have to analyse yourself and see why you made a mistake, what was the moment you could have done better. Of course you have to watch it, but in the end you have to turn the page and go on."

Cech added: "When you see the game overall, in the first half, they had no chances. They had nothing, only a bit of possession but that was it. We controlled every movement they tried to do.

"They had only one corner, I made a mistake and they were 1-0 up."

But he insisted the result would not have a decisive bearing on the destiny of the title. "There is still a long way to go. We play them (Arsenal) at home and have plenty of games left so we can do it again.

"There are still big games between the big four (Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool) so they can slip there.

"You cannot underestimate the other games because every single point counts and they have the same importance."</div></p>

2. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

He's a top keeper, he blocked at least 2 sitters from us, chelsea would have drowned already if it wasnt for this guy and terry.</p>

3. CelticKing

How long will he keep that protective thingy on his head?</p>

4. Art_gunner4life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

How long will he keep that protective thingy on his head?</p>

</div></p>

thats the same thing I've been wondering, most footballers usually wear protective masks,caps,ect for a limited amount of time, but it seems like its going stay permanently, looks like a retardwith that thing.</p>

</p>

5. CelticKing

lol, I shouldn't laugh but he does look like that. haha</p>

Maybe it bothers him, who knows, maybe he could do much better.</p>

6. Art_gunner4life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

lol, I shouldn't laugh but he does look like that. haha</p>

Maybe it bothers him, who knows, maybe he could do much better.</p>

</div></p>

he should wear a jester hat....lol... that would disrupt his vision and perhaps teams can score on him.</p>

</p>

7. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

really IMO he shouldn't apologise. With maybe Cudicini in goal he would have got that corner that Gallas scored from but mo way would he have kept it 0-0. I think 3-0 if Cudicini was in goal.</p>

also he apparently said he was considering making that helmet permanent. Can't be too safe and all...</p>