Celtics Gm Interviewed

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by beasly3, Sep 25, 2003.

1. beasly3

beasly3 JBB JustBBall Member

Celtics general manager Chris Wallace interviewed for the Bobcats GM job Tuesday in Washington with Charlotte executive vice president Ed Tapscott and executive vice president of corporate affairs Chris Weiller. Wallace thought the process went well and believes the Bobcats will hire their first general manager in the next couple of weeks.

"I'm very impressed with the work that's already been completed in starting up the franchise, in addition to the vision Ed and [owner] Mr. [Bob] Johnson have for the Bobcats," said Wallace.

Since the Celtics hired Danny Ainge as director of basketball operations, Wallace surfaced as a candidate for several NBA executive jobs. In June, he withdrew from contention for the Portland GM position because the job changed during a protracted interview process.

But the Charlotte GM position could be the best fit. Wallace has the opportunity to help organize and develop a team from scratch. And he will be closer to friends and family in his hometown of Buckhannon, W. Va. "I've had a fascination with the expansion process ever since I went to Miami," said Wallace. "The process of starting an NBA team from scratch and hopefully developing it into a title contender would be very appealing." SHIRA SPRINGER

? Copyright 2003 Globe Newspaper Company.]