Celts Make Mutumbo An Offer

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by The Legend, Aug 3, 2007.

1. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Presently, agents and league sources confirm that the Boston Celtics are looking at five big men as they try to find the right players to support their talented trio.

Head Coach Doc Rivers said the Celts are "very interested" in Dikembe Mutombo as a backup center, while P.J. Brown, Michael Ruffin, Calvin Booth and Scot Pollard are also under consideration. </div>

Source

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Would be a good pick-up for the Celtics. Will play well wiht KG, and brings a great defender.

3. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

Pencil Point Elbow at C would be nice

they should go for Charlie bell for Skip

4. sweetness

sweetness JBB JustBBall Member

celts fans gotta be happy with all the moves ainge has been making, with a direction focused on winning now. us lakers fans are still waiting for something to happen[​IMG]

5. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

An offer has been made.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I still think Dikembe Mutombo will sign. I was wrong this morning when I told Matt that the Rockets have offered $1.83 million. I got that figure from someone assuming that number in a conversation about the Rockets' luxury tax situation. For now, they have offered $1.2, the veteran's minimum. If they have to, they will have a tough decision to make about going to the $1.83 figure. Also, I said the Celtics were very interested, but had not made an offer. That was true at the time, but they have since made their offer, also the veteran's minimum. I'm hearing there is a third team showing interest. </div>

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2007/08/sunshin...ind_for_me.html

6. Master Shake

Great pick-up if this can happen. He will play minutes, which I think he wants because he still has some game in him. I will love his raspy voice 4 times a year. He is the kind of shape I wanna be in when I'm 104 year old.

7. Butter

Butter JBB Blood Sugar Baby

hahahaha I wonder what is age really is.

Anyway, I remember seeing him play last year and he was very solid. Great off the bench, got in there and made some defensive stops. Not the 2001 Sixers Mutombo, but still a nice back up.

8. Master Shake

^ I think he could start over Perkins, but we'll see. I hope he does, Perkins just makes me angry when I watch him. He looks like an over sized baby.