Chad Ford Chat Wrap

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Shapecity, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Rob (San Jose, CA): The Golden State Warriors have tremendous young talent, and after another disappointing year, what do you think is preventing them from reaching their potential and the playoffs?

Chad Ford: Chemistry and coaching. Too many personal agendas on that team and they don't have a coach strong enough to control folks like Baron Davis. Either Chris Mullin has to find a veteran coach who will command respect or he's going to have to dump Baron. My guess is that the coach goes first.

2. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Rob (San Jose, CA): The Golden State Warriors have tremendous young talent, and after another disappointing year, what do you think is preventing them from reaching their potential and the playoffs?

Chad Ford: Chemistry and coaching. Too many personal agendas on that team and they don't have a coach strong enough to control folks like Baron Davis. Either Chris Mullin has to find a veteran coach who will command respect or he's going to have to dump Baron. My guess is that the coach goes first.</div>

[​IMG]

3. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Control Baron Davis? What, is this guy like nine years old? If Baron can't man up and be a professional and be a point guard (look up the definition of what responsibilities this position entails), I say call him out. If we had another Jrich at shooting guard or small forward we wouldn't need Baron, really. We'd just need a guy who can dribble penetrate, pass, shoot a little, and run the team. I'd take Luke Ridnour if we just had another near all-star consistent scorer that wouldn't destroy the flow of offense that our guys tend to do.

But I think there's a lot of agendas between short term and long term success. They want to make the playoffs, but they don't have a good foundation in place. It's sort of like the Knicks. Big names, no games.