Championship: Ohio State vs. Florida

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by tracymcgrady_01, Apr 1, 2007.

1. tracymcgrady_01

tracymcgrady_01 JBB JustBBall Member

The biggest game has come... I pick Ohio State, I picked them from the start and many doubted them, but now that they are here I think they can overtake the Gators..

2. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

I'm picking the Gators, they've been there before and I just think their tandem down low will be too much for Oden. So if Florida wins where will we rank them all time?

3. GarnettKG21

GarnettKG21 JBB JustBBall Member

I hope OSU wins, It will be interesting to see how Oden can match up against Florida for round 2! Im tired of seeing Florida win and I can't stand their team especially this young man
    [​IMG]

4. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

^^^LOL....I'm not a Florida fan, but Noah is a joy to watch on the court....he strikes me as the Dennis Rodman type (with a little more offensive ability)

5. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

I'm pulling for OSU in this one..but Florida will prolly win because Horford/Noah will straight bully Oden like they did last time. Those OSU guards better step up big time.

6. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

Ohio State Baby! Kick some Gator ass.

7. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Florida. This is the reason why they all came back for another season and they're not going to let that slip away to an Ohio State team that's very young. The lights might shine too bright on them for this stage, Florida has been there before, they know what it takes, and they're doing it for each other at this point. Corey Brewer is quickly becoming one of my favorite players to watch, with his height and quickness he's unbelievable. Florida should stick Brewer on Mike Conley Jr. to contain him and let the bigs worry about Oden.

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Florida has all the experience and the desire to repeat, so I'll take them to win this game by double digits.

9. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

I want Ohio State to take it. I hate Florida, and I can't stand Noah at all! Conley is so fun to watch, and if (big if, based on his other tourney games) Oden stays out of foul trouble Ohio State can take it. But it will be hard to contain Florida's balnced game.

10. NTC

NTC Active Member

I'm backing Ohio State, that way hopefully Oden will definatley declare for the draft.

11. tcaplayah

tcaplayah JBB JustBBall Member

I'm staying with my pick of Ohio State

12. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

<div class="quote_poster">NTC187 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I'm backing Ohio State, that way hopefully Oden will definatley declare for the draft.</div>

I like both teams alot, but I`m leaning towards OSU here.

13. Fast Luck

Fast Luck JBB JustBBall Member

My pick is Ohio State... Ohio State absolutely HAS to win this, there's no other acceptable possibility. I don't want to imagine getting blown out by UF for the football championship after being undefeated and #1 all year, getting blown out by UF in basketball pre-conference, and then losing again to UF in the basketball championship -- also giving UF an NCAA tournament repeat AND football and basketball titles from the same season.

14. Pgballer17

Pgballer17 JBB JustBBall Member

I want to see Greg Oden posterize Joakim Noah just like he almost did to Jeff Green.

15. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I want Florida to win, so we can make history!

They know how to win, and hopefully they can get it done tonight.

16. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Ohio State winning, but Florida is more than likely going to win by double digits.

17. -dagger

-dagger NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Well I don't follow NCAA that much, but for this game I'm going for Ohio State. I love Greg Oden and Mike Conley Jr. I have this hate on Joakhim Noah for some reason. I just never liked his game and despised his hair. IMHO I think he will be a bust or average player off the bench.

GO OSU!

18. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Mike Conley Jr absolutely has to have a monster game and has to beat Taureen Green pretty handily in their head to head matchup. At the start I bet we stick Brewer on Lewis, but don't be surprised to see him matched up on Conley if Conley tears it up. I bet Humphrey guards Conley at the beginning.

Oden has to stay out of foul trouble obviously and Hunter/Terwilliger has to have good games off the bench. Ivan Harris needs to be effective shooting the trey and getting Noah out of the paint when Noah is on defense.

The key is which senior group wants to end their career's out on top. Lee Humphrey and Chris Richard carried the Gators through the UCLA game. Butler, Lewis, and Harris need to help carry the Buckeyes. If Richard plays like he did against UCLA, the Gators should win this game pretty handily.

The 2 matchups that will decide how close or whether or not the Buckeyes win this game is Conley vs. Green and Lewis vs. Brewer. It is NECESSARY for the Buckeyes to win both of these matchups if they want to win the game. Horford/Oden is important too, but I think that the Buckeyes could still win if Horford bests Oden as long as Conley and Lewis have very good games.

Overall I think the Gators are playing extremely good(everyone but Noah) right now and we hit that zone. If we play our game, we should win by a good 8-10 points.

It sounds like Matta is going to try to force Green to beat them. They are going to send Conley Jr or whoever is guarding Green to double team Horford/Noah and try to stay home on Humphrey.

I'm gonnna head out to the game right now. Good luck to all the Buckeye fans and I expect this to be a helluva game.

19. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Oh and the way I think the game will go is Ohio State jumps out early to about 6-8 points in the first 10 minutes, then Florida fights back to take a 2-4 point halftime lead. Florida jumps out early in the 2nd half takes a 10-12 point lead and the lead fluctuates from 5-12 points and the Gators win by 8-10 points.

20. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Invalid Video Link

It's just going to be that all over again ladies and gentlemen. Florida is going to win this thing by double-digits, it's going to be an old fashion butt kicking. My final score prediction:

Florida -- 84
    Ohio State -- 70