Politics Charles Koch: 'Life or death struggle for our country'

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Denny Crane, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
  2. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Evil Koch brother denounces corporate welfare.

Evil.

3. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

called out both parties for big spending, while continuing to fund them and gathering their donors.

Wonder what a 1B contribution to the Common Sense Party would bring? How many reps and senators could be ditched?

oldmangrouch likes this.
  4. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Fucking asshole should just STFU and die already.

5. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

They are claiming to be for the less fortunate. You know, the guys with only 9 figure fortunes instead of 10.

6. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Ha! Is that the influence of Beautiful Central Oregon?

7. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Aw, come now! I hear they have found a new source of revenue off the illegal immigrants flow. Isn't helping them as true a cause as you can find?

8. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/david-koch-gay-marriage-amicus-brief-115752.html

Report: David Koch to sign amicus brief supporting gay marriage
    By ADAM B. LERNER
    3/4/15 10:16 AM EDT
    Updated 3/4/15 12:13 PM EDT

David Koch, the big money political donor and liberal boogeyman, has agreed to sign onto to an amicus brief supporting same-sex marriage at the Supreme Court, the Washington Free Beacon reported.

The brief he will reportedly sign in DeBoer v. Snyder, a case that could afford same-sex couples a constitutional right to marry, will host a number of other prominent conservative signatories, including retired Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal, former Reagan White House chief of staff Ken Duberstein and former Republican National Committee chairman Ken Mehlman. News of the brief was first reported Tuesday by The Washington Post.

An attorney for Koch Industries told the Free Beacon that Koch will join the brief in a personal capacity, indicating his support for gay marriage does not necessarily indicate a larger message from the Koch network of donors.

In 2012, Koch, the Libertarian Party’s 1980 vice presidential candidate, told POLITICO that he supported gay marriage, despite backing Mitt Romney and a host of other conservative candidates who favored varieties of same-sex marriage bans.

9. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/14/politics/david-koch-gay-rights-abortion-democrats/

David Koch is pro-choice, supports gay rights; just not Democrats

"I'm basically a libertarian. And I'm a conservative on economic matters and I'm a social liberal," he told ABC's Barbara Walters in an interview that aired on "This Week."

Koch, who supports gay rights and women's right to choose, said if candidates he gives to don't share those ideals, "That's their problem. I do have those views."

"What I want these candidates to do is to support a balanced budget," Koch said. "I'm really focused intensely on economic and fiscal issues, because if those go bad the country as a whole suffers terribly."

10. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

11. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Denny, I am aware of those paper positions. Most of corporate America supported marriage equality. The workforce is mobile and it's hard for an employee to be married in one state and not in another! Also, it's believed, and I don't know if this is true, that married employees are more stable and less likely to leave. As for abortion rights, Koch can say he supports them but he has given hundreds of millions of dollars to candidates who promise to outlaw abortion in all cases and all forms of birth control. As well as support constitutional amendment to overturn marriage equality. As well as make their version of Christianity the law of the land. Maybe he thinks anti-Semites will somehow not count him?

Actions speak louder than words. His actions have caused harm to the rights of women and gays (and labor unions, and voting rights, and civil liberties, and education).

12. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    He ran as VP candidate of the LP and that was his position years ago. Consistent.

Hillary was against gay rights.

He's stated that he supports candidates who best represent his economic views, regardless of how he feels about their social ones.