Charlie Weis signs 10-year contract

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Marine, Oct 29, 2005.

1. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) -- First-year Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis signed a new 10-year contract Saturday that will keep him as the Irish coach through the 2015 season.Weis, whose No. 9 Fighting Irish are off to a 5-2 start this season, signed a six-year contract that ran through 2010 when he was hired last December. The new 10-year agreement takes effect next season.``In a very short period of time, Charlie has clearly and impressively demonstrated the ability to take the Notre Dame program where we all want it to go,'' Notre Dame athletics director Kevin White said.ADVERTISEMENTThe Irish already have defeated three ranked opponents on the road this season -- No. 23 Pittsburgh, No. 3 Michigan and No. 22 Purdue -- and led top-ranked Southern California until the closing seconds of a 34-31 home loss. Notre Dame is off this weekend.Weis said in a statement that he is happy ``to become a permanent fixture in the Notre Dame community.''``Since the first day I arrived at Notre Dame as head football coach, one of my primary goals was to be able to see this job through to the time my son, Charlie, would graduate from the University of Notre Dame and to stay in this position until I retire,'' he said.``By restructuring this contract, adding an additional five years, this allows me to accomplish that goal.''</div>GOD DAMN!! That's crazy. Think he gonna have a 10-year success?

2. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

He is a great coach. I think it could happen. More and more of the nations top high school players will want to go to his program once they see he's having this kind of success.

3. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

He's doing a hell of a lot better job than Tyrone Willingham was doing. They've had shitty records every year till Weis showed up, I'm glad he is here to stay, they are a fun team to watch, my favorite.They play Tennesee next weekend, WOOOOOOOO

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Notice a rumor of Weis going back to the NFL comes out and he is signed to a 10 year deal in about 2 days later.

5. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Yeah his chances of going to coach in the NFL anytime soon are looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

6. tiny

tiny nfl-*****s member

Thats good for ND

7. cwebb4

cwebb4 BBW Member

I bet he could get a head coaching job in the NFL next year if he wanted it. I think Notre Dame jumped the gun though. Yeah, he's a good coach. But can he recruit?