Chat With Trail Blazer Sebastian Telfair

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by PortlandLeBron, Jan 30, 2006.

1. PortlandLeBron

PortlandLeBron JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Point guard Sebastian Telfair made a name for himself as one of the most prolific scorers in New York City history. At Abraham Lincoln High School, Telfair led the team to an unprecedented three New York City PSAL titles. He also broke the City's all-time scoring record, which was held by former NBA star Kenny Anderson. Was a finalist for the 2004 Naismith Award. Averaged 33.2 points, 9.2 assists and 3.7 rebounds, leading Lincoln to a 26-6 record. In 2004, Sebastian was named a McDonald's All-American. In the summer of 2003 the Portland Trail Blazers chose Telfair as the 13th overall pick of the 2004 NBA Draft. He was the shortest prep athlete ever drafted straight from High School at six-foot nothin'.

Alongside his tremendous basketball skills, Sebastian posses a magnetic personality that has given him a cult following with ballers across the country. He has been the subject of books, the documentary film Through the Fire, and featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated and SLAM magazines.

In his second season as one of bright young talents for the Portland Trail Blazers, Telfair has averaged 10.0 PPG, 3.9 APG and set a career high, 27 points, against his cousin Stephon Marbury and the New York Knicks on 11/20/05. Sebastian Telfair has two speeds, fast and faster.

Sebastian is scheduled to chat live with fans at 5 pm ET on Tuesday, January 31. Post your questions now and check back for the live chat.</div>

[​IMG]

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatNBA?event_id=10697

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jordan Raygoza (Corning): If you could play any Point Guard from any Era, who would it be?

[​IMG]

3. PortlandLeBron

Thats awesome. I knew I probly wasn't going to get picked but hey I might as well put me in and take my chances. Congrats though J_Ray! Good question by the way.

4. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PortlandLeBron:</div><div class="quote_post">Thats awesome. I knew I probly wasn't going to get picked but hey I might as well put me in and take my chances. Congrats though J_Ray! Good question by the way.</div>

Good things come in pairs, I got a question on Hedo's too! Going for RJ now, Arizona Product!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jordan (Corning): What is your favorite NBA town to play in besides Orlando?

[​IMG] Hedo Turkoglu: I like New York. I like L.A. I like Chicago and I like Phoenix. </div>

5. PortlandLeBron

Haha man you come up with some pretty good questions. How do you find out that all these people are chatting. I found out that one time for Sebastian because it was on the Blazers website but how do you find out?

6. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PortlandLeBron:</div><div class="quote_post">Haha man you come up with some pretty good questions. How do you find out that all these people are chatting. I found out that one time for Sebastian because it was on the Blazers website but how do you find out?</div>

NBA.com, the homepage you just go down and there's a section [​IMG]

7. J_Ray

Ya, this time I got Zach Randolph

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jordan Raygoza (Corning, CA): I know you came into the NBA at a young age, but how has it felt to now be the mentor for the young players on your team (Outlaw, Telfair,Webster, etc)?

[​IMG]