Chelsea In No Rush For Drogba Replacement

Discussion in 'Chelsea FC' started by CelticKing, Dec 11, 2007.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<span class="titolo">Chelsea In No Rush For Drogba Replacement</span></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<span class="sommario">Didier Drogba's recent operation and forthcoming departure for the African Cup of Nations leaves Avram Grant with a potential selection headache. But that doesn't mean Avram Grant will be buying just anyone this January.</span></p>

The news that Didier Drogba will be out of action for Chelsea for a couple of months in all has prompted a surge of transfer speculation to fly around the football world.</p>

With Salomon Kalou and Andriy Shevchenko and Claudio Pizarro hardly firing on all cylinders this season, Avram Grant may be handed Roman Abramovich's cheque book to ease the Blues' goalscoring worries.</p>

But after a succession of bad buys in the striking department, Grant stressed that any transfer moves would be made with extreme caution and deep thought.</p>

Tough Market</p>

As everyone knows, finding a top quality striker in January is never easy, particularly for a club with European ambitions. Bolton's Nicolas Anelka, who has only played in the Uefa Cup this season, would be eligable for the Blues' Champions League push, but the club are unsure if he is the long-term solution to Chelsea's attacking needs.</p>

Indeed, with Drogba and Shevchenko repeatedly linked with moves elsewhere, Avram Grant is thought to be after a youngerman than Anelka who can provide the club with quality service for many years. </p>

Vagner And Villa?</p>

CSKA's Vagner Love is said tofit the bill, but the Brazilian, like Valencia's David Villa, would beunable to represent Chelsea in this season's ChampionsLeague.</p>

Nonetheless, Villa has refused to rule out the possibility of moving to England at some stage in his career. "Any player would be interested in coming to the Premier League," said the striker ahead of his side's clash with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday.</p>

We Don't Have To Buy</p>

Grant stressed that he won't give up on looking for new players, but explained that he wouldn't be spending money for the sake of it. Joe Cole, he reckons, is more than capable of filling in as a second striker if need be. "Even if we are happy with the squad we will keep looking," said the Israeli, whose impact at Chelsea has surprised many.</p>

"If we find someone we will do it, if not we will stay with what we have. He is not easy to find and I don't want to take a striker who is not good for us. The problem is the [type of] player we want. It will not be a problem of money, it will be a problem of quality.</p>

"I have confidence in[our existing]players but I would also feel more confident if Drogba came back. You know he is quality; I don't need to say it. He is a very important striker for us, even in the last two months he missed three games but I prefer that he be fit and play."</p>

</div></p>

<span class="titolo">Vagner Love would be great, I think he is the best Brazilian forward right now. Not many people know him. </span></p>

2. Wolf

Wolf Sig and Avatar made by me

i want Villa, i always wanted either Villa or Torres...obvious that we won't get Torres.</p>

i can't really comment on Vagner Love because ive only watched him once, didnt do too good when i watched him.</p>

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Yeah unless you get to watch the Brazil games, you can't see him. But he's good and he's gotten Ronaldos place in the rotation. (#9 he wears for brazil)</p>

4. DDRickyDD

DDRickyDD SportsTwo Member.

Student
    They will struggle without Drogba. Their other Strikers arn't up to the Standard.</p>

5. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

wow you could really tell he was away today.Up front they were Terrible. But none-the-less a good win for the Mighty Gooners:D</p>