Chicago's Thibodeau is Lillard's "kind of guy"

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Nov 21, 2014.

1. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau was an assistant for Team USA this summer while Damian Lillard was in camp competing for a spot on the team.

Thibodeau said he loves "everything" about Lillard's game while Dame said Thibodeau was coach with whom he worked with the most.

"I knew that it wouldn't be necessary for me to go out there and try to be who I am for my team. He kind of made me excited about the opportunity to go out there and play defense," Lillard said of Thibodeau.

"Every time I checked in for Team USA I was picking up full court playing defense. He was a part of what made me excited to do that, to want to play defense and be a part of it.

"He can really shoot and he's great in the pick and roll. I just like his demeanor too. He doesn't get too high, doesn't get too low. Just tough. Not one of those guys pounding his chest, just getting it done out there," Thibodeau said. "I think the biggest thing is when you measure the winning."

"He was my kind of guy. Straight to the point, strong," Lillard said of Thibodeau's abilities as a motivator. "He spoke up, he wasn't afraid to call you out. That was one of the better parts of my experience. I probably related to him the most out of the coaches that were there.

Specifically, Thibodeau says Lillard's technique and effort on defense has improved.

"(He's) into the ball, body position, making more than one effort. I think he's stronger, all those things. I think experience, he's one of those guys, he'll continue to grow," Thibodeau said.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/nov/21/blazers-notebook-chicagos-thibodeau-lillards-kind-/

Darkwebs likes this.
  2. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Do eastern coaches vote for western players in the all star game or do the coaches only vote in their conference?

3. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

Thibs for defensive coordinator?

4. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    You only vote for your conference.

5. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Are you sure? I though it was all the coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk