Politics China, possibly the biggest cover-up in World History

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by magnifier661, Apr 15, 2020.

1. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    This story is gaining a lot of traction in the media. Figured it qualifies for its own thread.

Intelligence officials weigh possibility coronavirus escaped from a Chinese lab

WASHINGTON — Although the the U.S. intelligence community early on dismissed the notion that the coronavirus is a synthesized bioweapon, it is still weighing the possibility that the pandemic might have been touched off by an accident at a research facility rather than by an infection from a live-animal market, according to nine current and former intelligence and national security officials familiar with ongoing investigations.

After extensive research, scientists in the U.S. and elsewhere have determined that the new strain of the coronavirus discovered in China in December is, as Chinese officials have maintained, of natural origin, but they are taking seriously that its route to human infection may have started in a lab in Wuhan.

“It’s definitely a real possibility being bandied about at the high levels of the administration,” said one of the sources, who has knowledge of China and national security.

[​IMG]
    A technician works to produce vaccines for the H1N1 flu virus at a lab in Wuhan, China, in June 2009. (Reuters/China Daily)
    “We are actively and vigorously tracking down every piece of information we get on this topic and we are writing frequently to update policymakers,” an intelligence official told Yahoo News. The intelligence community “has not come down on any one theory.”

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/inte...rus-escaped-from-a-chinese-lab-194958353.html

Orion Bailey and stampedehero like this.
  2. magnifier661

3. magnifier661

4. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Pretty sure that's the null set.

barfo

Lanny and magnifier661 like this.
  5. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

"Ryan Saavedra - In early 2017, he wrote for far-right conspiracy website The Gateway Pundit. Later in 2017, he became editor and writer for Breitbart News.[3][4] While at Breitbart News, he focused primarily on stories about crimes by Latino immigrants,[2] and also promoted Murder of Seth Rich conspiracy theories.[2]

In 2017, after a London terrorist attack by Islamist terrorists, he wrote, "People think I’m kidding when I say this but the crusades need to come back."[3][4] He left Breitbart News shortly thereafter.[2]

Later in 2017, he became contributor to both The Daily Caller and The Daily Wire.[2] He was accused of plagiarism (posting slightly altered versions of the same stories to both websites) and left The Daily Caller shortly thereafter.[2] He has subsequently been accused by other conservative writers of plagiarizing both tweets and stories
    "

I don't know what happened in China although I have read a few articles that argue the nature of the virus make it likely it was naturally occurring

I'm really skeptical about these "sources" and the timing of the rumors as it would be real convenient for trump and his acolytes to spend lots of time yapping about evil China. But then I remember all the bullshit about WMD's in Iraq.

none of that is to excuse China from blame. But it doesn't make a damn bit of difference where the virus originated in terms of how trump has responded. It's irrelevant in that regard

6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I heard it sprang upon the world from the ultra secret "covfefe" cult.

Lanny and Chris Craig like this.
  7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

It could very well have been let out on purpose as a biochemical warfare test

EL PRESIDENTE and magnifier661 like this.
  8. magnifier661

Okay, what about Washington Post, yahoo news and the New York Times? They’ve all reported on this as well.

TBpup likes this.
  9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

The 1% has probably decided this is the only way to transition to a totally robotic workforce....they just needed to make sure poor people could still go out and buy shit the robots are making for them

10. wizenheimer

isn't that how Sly made it into the world?

Lanny and SlyPokerDog like this.
  11. magnifier661

From the reports, patient zero supposedly worked in the lab and got infected.

12. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Accidentally on purpose

stampedehero and magnifier661 like this.
  13. barfo

Not really clear why Trump & fans want to blame China so much. Whether or not China is at fault, did anything on purpose, whether it came from a lab, if they withheld information, etc. is an interesting topic - but it doesn't help Trump at all, since he is on video saying that China has been very transparent, very helpful, etc. at the same time when Biden was saying that we shouldn't trust what China is saying.

So basically the argument Trump is making is that he's - at best - dangerously naive and that Biden has better judgement.

barfo

riverman, Further, CupWizier and 2 others like this.
  14. magnifier661

Has nothing to do with Trump fans. New York Times and other various news outlets care about this as well.

Don’t you want to know if China purposely did this?

15. wizenheimer

but what did they report?

was it all based upon the same leaks from the same anonymous "intelligence officials"

I mean, I'm reading the yahoo article and wondering if it's the same as the other reports. Maybe it's correct and will be shown to be true. But as I said I remember the WMD stories and how essentially the same rumors propagated across several news organizations at the same time, and it was all bullshit and never supported with evidence

and again, it has no bearing on how trump's white house has reacted to the pandemic. Whether it's from a lab or from a wet market doesn't matter right now. it got here and the US story goes from that point (and before)

but it's just about guaranteed now that the right wing universe will try desperately to make this the big story

yankeesince59 likes this.
  16. magnifier661

The yahoo article was yesterday. It’s the first article I posted. Let me find the others.

17. wizenheimer

I'm not trying to pick a fight here....I think China is a threat in any event; I don't trust them at all. I just don't see much reason to focus on this possibility right now. Do the investigation sure.

magnifier661 likes this.
  18. barfo

Of course it does. It's part of his defense against charges that he's incompetent. Blame China, Blame WHO. Probably soon, Blame Canada.

Like I said, it's an interesting question. Would surely have ramifications for future foreign policy w.r.t. China if true.

But it makes no difference in our current situation domestically, nor does it remove even the tiniest bit of guilt from Trump.

barfo

19. Chris Craig

Regardless of right wing agendas, I would like to know if China did this purposely. We already know their numbers of sick and dead are bullshit. What else are they hiding?

On the other hand it is important to have legitimate sources. So, I get the other side of your argument.

magnifier661 likes this.
  20. magnifier661

I’m hoping our government can walk and chew gum. I’m sure more reporting on this will come out in the coming days.

stampedehero likes this.