Chip Kelly staying at Oregon

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Tortimer, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

2. chris_in_pdx

chris_in_pdx OLD SCHOOL

Biggest victory in the history of the program.

3. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

now can we PLEASE go back to bitching about the way he goes about recruiting!?!?

4. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Nice! Hopefully NFL teams will get tired of this and stop courting him every year.

Crappy NFL franchises really cause a lot of havoc, because their shitty GMs don't draft well, so they fire the coach to placate the fan base, then raid other teams coordinators and raid the college ranks, then usually end up spitting out the new hire after a few years.

Fuck those loser teams!

5. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    Phil Knight gets what he wants.

6. Ghost Pepper

Ghost Pepper Active Member

Chip should stay especially with what's going on with the NCAA investigation and his part in it! You can't preach WIN THE DAY and then bolt when it's a day you created, that you don't want to face!

Further no NFL team he was looking at is going anywhere in a hurry! At Oregon he's got an offensive arsenal awaiting him next year and the playoffs that the Rose Bowl co-decide in 14.

IF Bill takes over the GM spot for the Patriots in 15 he can take his Heisman QB Mariota to New England and he'll have a couple national championships to go with his big ego to give him real player cred!

As for now this can't hurt Oregon's national exposure, and the recruiting hopefully will improve.

7. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

still continuing the rant about Chip potentially leaving when he's returning... okay! Besides that, most in the speculation from mainstream media is that they'll get off pretty light, like a loss of a few scholarships and maybe fewer OVs. Under Chip their roster has consistently not used all their available scholarships...I've no idea what % of available OVs used. We know from non-redacted portions of the proposed settlement that a bowl ban wasn't being sought by the NCAA. What sort of day are you imagining he doesn't want to face? This link isn't from the mainstream media, but rather a mere blogger. It's a pretty insightful read though that hopefully you'll enjoy

http://duckotherside.blogspot.com/2011/09/interesting-development.html

I'm thinking he came back because he's got a great thing going and why leave for anything less then another great situation. Nothing wrong with him being professional and seeing whats available. Great that he's back

STOMP

8. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Definitely agree with you stomp. I think chip is waiting for the right situation for him in the nfl. Obviously he is torn because his heart is in Eugene. You guys should be happy he is back, he is a superb college coach (maybe even NFL). someone at work told me Oregon is the favorite in Vegas for the NCAA championship next yr with chip back. Not sure if that is true or not

9. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Canzano says he's waiting for New England to open up. Makes sense to me.

10. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Carolina might have an opening next year. Would be ironic to see Cam and chip together, but I think chip would make Cam even better.

11. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Yeah maybe. Either way I think he's gone eventually. I think we've got a good shot at the natty next year though.

12. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Gee, now that is going out on a limb! Chip won't be the coach at Oregon for the rest of the time they have a football program.

You are a genius!!

13. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

my guess is that an ideal situation has more to do with the owner, the other coaches & having control over the personnel, then it does with players currently on the team. The roster is what we can see, but relationships with coworkers and having power to run the show his way would seem to be very important... like all coaches he is a bit of a control freak. Maybe that will turn out to be Carolina, but again I'm pretty stoked the Pac 12's daddy is back

STOMP

14. Ghost Pepper

I've never said I want Kelly to leave, not once! I have said shit or get off the pot because it has hurt recruiting with all this NFL talk. Secondly, I've only asked for Kelly to face the music he wrote with the NCAA which it looks like he's doing and for that I feel he's shown he's not an ASSBAG like Carroll.

As for the sanctions Stomp, nobody knows what the NCAA will do or if Oregon will be the sacrificial lamb in a few months. I'm fine with scholarship reductions it hasn't hurt USC one bit, even helped them I think! Besides we still have 20 to give away this year to even make quota.

All in all I'm stoked that the program has Chip back, at the same time I think Helfrich would do a great job too one day!

15. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

the link I relayed actually does lay out some logical parameters on what the NCAA is likely to do. I have no idea what you were saying in the bolded part... what quota?

STOMP

16. Ghost Pepper

As of right now Oregon still has 20 more scholarships to offer, so I'm not thinking we'll come close to hitting that # this year......so if the NCAA hits us with sanctions I'm not sure it will hurt that much!

17. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Oregon has 13 verbals that are known, and 65 players on a scholarship from last year. That leave 7 open spots by my count. What are you talking about?